Looking to buy a swim deck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a swim deck

We have an 07 rz2. The swim deck cuts into the surf wave and we would like to replace it with something else. I have read that the 2013 swim decks and newer will fit and don’t cut into the wave. Any recommendations on where we can get our hands on one? I have read the post about modifying it, but I just don’t have the skills for that.

You may be hunting unobtanium.

My 2007 22ve has the same wetted surface as your RZ2 and our swim platform also drags in the water a bit while surfing, however I don't believe it to be detrimental. I have thought about simply stacking a few home made 1/2 hdpe spacers to raise the platform a few inches, removing it from the water, but the surf wave is choice the way it is. The biggest problem I see is how low these platforms were mounted on the transom, looking at newer boats they are much higher.

Comment

SurfinSnipes,

You may be right. We are new to this and trying to figure out the best way to go. I am glad I posted in a few places. We are getting a lot of feed back with ideas we did not think of. We do not have the skills to modify the deck, but we do have the skills to lift the deck, and this is a mod we can probably accomplish in a day.

Thank you!

Comment

I know Shaun and others on FB said to lift the platform. On my VE when I'm listed over to the rub rail there's no amount of lifting the platform that is going to make a difference. I also agree with the above. Yes, my platform drags but the line created is not from the platform itself but from the lower step in the hull.

I said it on FB. I'd remove the platform altogether to see if it changes your results at all. I'd also suggest buying some 1" plywood for a million dollars (lol) to test and modify your shape so if and when you do go to cut your fiberglass platform you know the exact shape you want.

Comment

Working...
        X