Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Marine Power Oil Change questions

Boat
    2006 22VE
    I bought a hand oil pump and put a female NPT fitting on the in put hose to the pump. I believe the fitting is a 3/8 NPT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    2006 22VE

This is the pump. It also comes with a small hose that works good to suck the fluid out of the transmission.

MoneyPity - did you get a response to this (12 years ago)? I jsut bought a 2007 20V and have teh same question. Thanks,

Any answers to the "best way to drain" question?

Boat
    Tigé
    Quote Originally Posted by jpar View Post
    Any answers to the "best way to drain" question?
    269961.jpg

This is the best way to drain the oil.

Boat
    2008 22ve
    Great info!

7. Quote Originally Posted by boatwakes View Post
    If you're running any other dino oil than Shell Rotella T 15w-40 grade, go to comp cams website to get full details as to why you should change your oil. To anyone running Amsoil and wondering about it being worth the money, ALL my equipment, Tige', commercial tow boats (on the ocean) and trucks run Amsoil without a single incident of failure. I tell my customers to use it and they do and still after hundreds of hours, sometimes thousands, the oil analysis always comes back great. If you use Amsoil, change the oil filters at the 100 hour service interval and add for the amount lost in the filter but don't change the oil until 200 hours. I've got 345 hours on my last oil change in the Tige' and analysis (every 100hrs) says keep going everything is fine, that's the thing with synthetics, long service life. Btw, if you're runing synthetic (which you all should be, regardless of brand) run a 10-30 or 10-40 for better oil flow rates when cold. Choose a brand you're comfortable with but know too the EPA has now removed most of the corrosion and wear lubricants from the dino lubricants so be aware that wear could be in your future, even if you chose to run the standard Merc 25w-40.