Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: No power to fuel pump

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    14
    Boat
    2006 22V

    No power to fuel pump

    I have a 2006 22V. I determined using a voltage meter that there is no power to the fuel pump. Power to the pump seemed to be intermittent for awhile, when I was testing it, but now is out altogether. Suggestions for chasing this down? Thank you for the help.

  2. #2
    Start at the fuse panel and check the fuse. Then validate it has power going into it with the key on, and has power coming out. Then check continuity from the fuse panel to the pump.
    Oh Yeah!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    14
    Boat
    2006 22V
    Thanks. Working on it this evening it seems to be intermittent. It will start and run for awhile, die and repeat a number of times. Each time when it restarts I can hear the fuel pump running when I turn the key and before trying to start it. Then after a number of starts and dies, it would not restart and I could not hear the fuel pump running at the key turn. So it appears to be intermittent 12V to the fuel pump. I checked the fuse and it is good. I'll do the continuity check in the morning. I appreciate the suggestions.

  4. #4
    I want to say there is a screen filter on that setup for some reason. Let me look into it. Maybe it is overheating and shutting off.

    Didn't want to add another post so I edited it.

    Here is the filter i am thinking of on the high pressure side. Remember your boat has a lower pressure and a high pressure pump.
    https://marineenginedepot.com/efi-g-...-and-cannister
    Last edited by KoolAid; 03-26-2020 at 02:33 PM.
    Oh Yeah!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Nixa, MO
    Posts
    134
    Boat
    2005 Tige' 22i
    Quote Originally Posted by texastige22v View Post
    I have a 2006 22V. I determined using a voltage meter that there is no power to the fuel pump. Power to the pump seemed to be intermittent for awhile, when I was testing it, but now is out altogether. Suggestions for chasing this down? Thank you for the help.
    Check the fuel pump relay as well. I had similar problems last year and it ended up being the relay on top of the engine (22i).

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemcclain8 View Post
    Check the fuel pump relay as well. I had similar problems last year and it ended up being the relay on top of the engine (22i).
    Thats a very good point! The Tahoes and Suburban's in the early 2000's would have dying issues like that because of the relay.
    Oh Yeah!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    14
    Boat
    2006 22V
    I believe I have determined it is the fuel pump relay. I confirmed the wiring is good with a continuity test. When it failed / died, I swapped the fuel pump relay with the ignition switch relay and it has worked without dying since. I have ordered two new relays to replace them both. Thanks for the great suggestions and help!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Nixa, MO
    Posts
    134
    Boat
    2005 Tige' 22i
    Quote Originally Posted by texastige22v View Post
    I believe I have determined it is the fuel pump relay. I confirmed the wiring is good with a continuity test. When it failed / died, I swapped the fuel pump relay with the ignition switch relay and it has worked without dying since. I have ordered two new relays to replace them both. Thanks for the great suggestions and help!
    Glad we could help!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •