Thread: EIDB replacement

Hybrid View

Boat
    '07 22 Ve'

EIDB replacement

Good morning all. So while doing some preventive maintenance yesterday on my 2007 22 Ve, I broke off one of the studs on my dual battery isolator. Has anyone replaced theirs with an aftermarket one that they are happy with? I see some affordable ones on Amazon from KeyLine that look like they will do the trick. Thanks for any help or advice!

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Those diode isolators all pretty much function the same. So the only 2 specs I would look at is A) their intended amperage capacity, which should meet or exceed the alternator's output. and B) stud side to match the cable ends.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    2007 22VE
    I can appreciate a like for like replacement. As an alternative, I’m happy I went the electronic route. It was a little bit of work (some we-working of where battery cables went) but I noticed an immediate improvement in voltage. Kind of one of those things where you don’t see a major change but it gives you a bit of confidence (like corona quarantines)

Mike has a whole walk through and kit to do it so it’s pretty straight forward IMHO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk