Thread: Tower Speaker Wiring - 2005 Tige 22V

Boat
    2005 Tige 22v Riders Edition

Tower Speaker Wiring - 2005 Tige 22V

Hello, can someone with a 2005 22V with standard Tige wake tower describe how you wired your tower speakers? My boat has the anchor light wires running up through the starboard side leg of the tower and does not appear to have enough room for two 14 gauge speaker cables. I prefer to run my speaker wires up the port leg of the tower because my amps are under the port side console. However, there is no hole drilled through the top cap on the port side. How difficult is it to remove the tower and drill a passage hole on the port side? Or is there a better way?

Thanks...Doug

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    If its the Tige "E" series, you will not need to remove the tower to drill the hole, just unbolt the leg. Having a helper makes it easier. Otherwise, route the speaker just how the anchor light wires are.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

3. Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    If its the Tige "E" series, you will not need to remove the tower to drill the hole, just unbolt the leg. Having a helper makes it easier. Otherwise, route the speaker just how the anchor light wires are.
    I'm doing this right now as well (thanks to Mike's help) but have hitting a stopping point unfortunately. My boat ('05 22v) is wired exactly like you described - lights wired up the starboard side of the tower and speakers on the port side. My tower has 2 tubular cross sections on the top of the tower - so the previous speakers were wired in the front (bow) tube and holes drilled where they mount. I'm now trying to install Wetsounds - but due to their size, I need to move them to the rear cross-member so they will (just barely) fit under the Bimini. I drilled all the holes, got the speaker wires out of the front cross-member, got both wires pulled into the first drilled hole on the rear cross-member and then as I tried to fish the second wire across the tower to the other side, I discovered that I'm hitting something solid right in the middle of the tower. Does anyone know if that section is not hollow all the way through? It looks identical in welds / construction to the front - so I'm not sure what's going on - but now it's looking like I may have to reverse the whole thing and go back to the front tube and somehow make my way to the back on the ends. Any ideas?

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Your fish tape is likely trying to turn into the forward hoop opening. If needed, come form the bottom up the tower
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    2005 22v
    Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    Mike, is the hole big enough where the Nav light wires are run to feed a pair of speaker wires? Also, which leg of this type E tower has the Nav wires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I would try to vacuum a string (I use brick line) from one hole to the next, then use the string to pull wires. If there is a passage by the nav light, the vacuum will find it.