Thread: Z3 Sub

1. Z3 Sub

I bought a Z3 last month and knew I was going to need more than what the factory open air 10" could do. BTW, Tige is now venting the factory 10" to the compartment in front of the captains helm. So there no need to cut holes to gain the needed air space for the factory 10".

I took the boat by the shop that did the system in my previous boat and has built systems for four of my cars/trucks and we came up with the solution in the pics. We added a 2 channel WS amp and a 12" WS sub to the mid-ship compartment. I lost the trash can, but I gained about 10x more thump! This set-up absolutely hammers. I'll take some better pictures this weekend and post them.
    Z31.jpg
    Z32.jpg
    Z33.jpg

Boat
    2018 R23
    Interesting idea... I have a R23 that I’m about to get ready to do a complete install on. I’m thinking the wife may not fully agree with the decision of no can vs louder “thump” as you put it . Hmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    2007 22ve
    Nice use of the space! That trash can is tiny anyhow.

4. Tige.4.jpg
    AmpTige.jpg
    Rockstar.jpg
    Snapped a few more pictures this weekend. Rocky does great work. I would highly recommend.

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    That’s definitely a great idea. Is the new amp just powering the sub?

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Looks like you may have also upgraded OEM tower amp, or installed aftermarket? Looks like the DX2.3HP?
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

7. The new amp is a DX2 2 channel on the lower right. It’s only for powering the 12”. I didn’t change anything from the factory set-up. Just added the one amp and 12”.

Boat
    Tige R23
    Cool sub location in a Z3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk