Thread: Coaxial Speakers for Wakesurfing?

Boat
    2005 22v

Coaxial Speakers for Wakesurfing?

All we do is surf. Would a pair of coaxial tower speakers project well enough to be heard clearly up to about 20 ft behind the boat? Running FAE as well.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    A coaxial is perfect for wake surfing and party cove listening. Id suggest at least one pair of 8" well powered. Other great options to consider would the a 9" or 11" HLCD like the Kicker KMTC9/11 or the 10" Wet Sounds Rev-10.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    '14 Z3
    all we do is surf. old boat had 4 icon8's. current boat has 4 rev10's. I'd go back to the icon8's for surfing in a heartbeat. rev's are stupid-loud and if you want to be the loudest on the water they are the speakers to have. the icon's imo were a lot more musical and didn't sound as harsh/bright as the rev's. they were plenty loud enough for us to listen to at the cove.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    Yeah the rev 10s are the best of the best in terms of sound quality and loudness. But are they necessary? No. Centurions down fire system for example using standard Roswell 8” speakers they are great for surfing without being too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    all we do is surf. old boat had 4 icon8's. current boat has 4 rev10's. I'd go back to the icon8's for surfing in a heartbeat. rev's are stupid-loud and if you want to be the loudest on the water they are the speakers to have. the icon's imo were a lot more musical and didn't sound as harsh/bright as the rev's. they were plenty loud enough for us to listen to at the cove.
    Agreed, I've heard 5 or 6 sets of rev 10's and have always been impressed by the loudness and sound quality at a distance but up close in the boat you need earplugs as they are very harsh IMO.

I've thought about mounting some speakers in the transom for surfing, that way you can blast them without killing everyone in the boat.

Boat
    2005 22v
    Quote Originally Posted by SONIC View Post
    Agreed, I've heard 5 or 6 sets of rev 10's and have always been impressed by the loudness and sound quality at a distance but up close in the boat you need earplugs as they are very harsh IMO.

I've thought about mounting some speakers in the transom for surfing, that way you can blast them without killing everyone in the boat.
    Transom mounted speakers! Brilliant idea!

Thanks for the input fellas. Much appreciated.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    More like an Epic idea
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    '14 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    More like an Epic idea
    hahaha. now that was funny......
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Boat
    2007 22VE
    I like my 9” kicker hclds. They aren’t too bright, plenty loud, and we spin them out in the cove. I use them when we are cruising too so the folks in the back seats can hear clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    More like an Epic idea
    Well played sir ;D

Boat
    2004 24V Riders Edition PCM ZR6 6L
    Quote Originally Posted by skiguy View Post

Thanks for the input fellas. Much appreciated.

Just want to make sure that you realize you are adding another water entrance point on the transom unless you somehow make it all water poof. The 22V is similar to the 24v with sloped transom, so water will likely enter there and if you are slammed to the rub rail.... probably under water.
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter