Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Winter Projects Time!!! Whatcha got?

Boat
    Previously 2008 RZ2 & 15 Z3 - Going to order a 23ZX
    BCRider - I have no choice to use XM when visiting a lot of the lakes we goto as there is no cell coverage to stream. Norris Lake TN has spotty at best coverage.
    "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    You can download Apple Music or Spotify offline. I have bad service too, even if I did have service data rates in Canada are way too expensive for that.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    no cell coverage to stream.
    I stream spotify. I have an 800+ hour playlist on my phone, so im not having to rely on a cell network connection to play. A good way to do this, is use a retired phone that youve dropped off you plan. Use it as the music source for the boat.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    2007 22ve
    I have one of those dinosaurs called an IPod, I believe some used to call them MP3 players... it’s crazy, you can literally store ungodly amounts of music to be retrieved anytime at your leisure!

Funny how tunes are so integral to boating. It's almost like if the stereo doesn't work boating isnt happening(yet somehow the boat runs, goes fwd and rev, steers, and floats lol). I also paid the extra for Pandora Premium and it let's me play music when theres no cell service, which is most our reservoirs around us. Best $ spent ever.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel4life View Post
    Bossman signed my permission slip. No wrenching on boats until April. Going back to my first bad habit for the winter.

To all the boaters that enjoy sliding on snow on the hill before it makes it to the lake....Happy and safe sliding. Hopefully pow days all winter

Nice Ride

Top of the Mtn, Sundance Ut

PB.jpg
    Last edited by KonaKing; 12-08-2019 at 03:48 PM.

I miss 600W and Bison Sherpas. Gonna be in old 200s and an old MP all season, and occasionally and old LMC that is the backcountry cat. Love those inversion pics Stay safe out there and hopefully no long inversions for us!
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 12-08-2019 at 06:32 PM.

Boat
    2015 Tige Z1, w/ Taps-3
    What is the crane arm on the top used for?

9. Hello from Down Under! Sorry folks, it's summer here!! Board Rack Design flat with logo.jpg
    Probably like most Tige I am assumming, but my 2017 RZR standard multi use racks don't handle wakeboards in the larger part of the fork very well when it's a bit windy or you cruising somewhere over about 25mph.
    I have designed a new sets of forks which will be made out of 40mm HDPE plastic. As you can see, a slim fork top and bottom for wakeboards, then a larger fork in the middle for a surfer. Should be sweet, in theory! Hope to pick it up next week and bolt her on.
    Hopefully it works as well as it does in my head If so, happy to send anyone the drawing file so you can make your own.

Boat
    2017 RZX3, 2013 MB F24, 2000 21V
    Quote Originally Posted by BCRider View Post
    Moore3: Sirius/XM!!?? People still use that!? .lol. Get with the now!
    I'd actually really like to get XM as well. My bluetooth starts cutting out just a few feet from the helm and is worthless in the back seat where we like to take pictures from. Seems odd to me as I can control the music playing in my truck while I stand on the swim deck of the boat when it's on the trailer hooked to the truck (so 30' away). I'd really like to just load a thumb drive full of music and run that way, but Clear doesn't recognize it when I select USB. Aux works, but then the phone is plugged in and negates the whole freedom of movement I'm trying to keep. Maybe Tige should get with the now.
    Last edited by UNSTUCK; 12-09-2019 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lilkw View Post
    What is the crane arm on the top used for?
    The whole assembly is a winch that rotates 360*. Has about 3000ft of cable. It's used for grooming STEEP slopes. Keeps the cat from taking off when going downhill(cats will break loose and you are basically a big toboggan without it) and it provides pulling power to get the cat back up to the top of the mountain (a regular free cat will start to spin the tracks, dig a hole, and get stuck).

If you ever get the chance for a ride along in one, take it.

Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    I'd actually really like to get XM as well. My bluetooth starts cutting out just a few feet from the helm and is worthless in the back seat where we like to take pictures from. Seems odd to me as I can control the music playing in my truck while I stand on the swim deck of the boat when it's on the trailer hooked to the truck (so 30' away). I'd really like to just load a thumb drive full of music and run that way, but Clear doesn't recognize it when I select USB. Aux works, but then the phone is plugged in and negates the whole freedom of movement I'm trying to keep. Maybe Tige should get with the now.
    Josh, I believe your early version of clear has the internal BT receiver. Now theres an external version that is better.

Quote Originally Posted by mattymc001 View Post
    Hello from Down Under! Sorry folks, it's summer here!! Board Rack Design flat with logo.jpg
    Probably like most Tige I am assumming, but my 2017 RZR standard multi use racks don't handle wakeboards in the larger part of the fork very well when it's a bit windy or you cruising somewhere over about 25mph.
    I have designed a new sets of forks which will be made out of 40mm HDPE plastic. As you can see, a slim fork top and bottom for wakeboards, then a larger fork in the middle for a surfer. Should be sweet, in theory! Hope to pick it up next week and bolt her on.
    Hopefully it works as well as it does in my head If so, happy to send anyone the drawing file so you can make your own.
    I'd love a file!! Been wanting to do the same thing for a while. Dont know why it hasnt been made an option....yet

Boat
    2005 Tige' 22i
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    I just bought an XM/Sirius off Ebay with lifetime service for $130. You may look into that. I bought it for work, but it would work on the boat as well.

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    If you’re adding it to a newer boat get the add on for the xm ready head unit. Using an external receiver and an aux cord sounds like crap.