Thread: Winterizing the ballast tanks on a 2015 RZR

1. Winterizing the ballast tanks on a 2015 RZR

I just bought a 2015 RZR and working through the winterizing process. The Tige manual says to pour antifreeze into the tanks though the vents. Problem is I don't know which ports are the vents. I've read lots of winterizing posts but can't seem to find an answer.

Can anyone point me to which ports are for the ballast tank vents? Thanks.

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    Most people just hold up the bags and click drain a bunch of times. But if I recall from my r20 the furthest back vents on are the drainS. Excluding the bilge which should be a slightly different size.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Problem is I don't know which ports are the vents.
    Doesnt really matter. Pour the A/F down either the vent or the drain outlet, all ends up in the same spot.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    2015 Z1
    I like to pour antifreeze down both the vent and the drain pump discharge lines. That way the pump has antifreeze in it for sure, regardless of what's going on in the bag (folds, remaining water, etc.)

Boat
    2020 Tigé RZX2
    Quote Originally Posted by Z1owner View Post
    I like to pour antifreeze down both the vent and the drain pump discharge lines. That way the pump has antifreeze in it for sure, regardless of what's going on in the bag (folds, remaining water, etc.)
    That is what I do as well. I do about 1/2 gallon down the drain and 1/2 gallon down the vent for each bag. Cycle the drain pump on/off a couple times and good to go!

6. Ah. I get it now. Thanks for the replies. Very helpful.

Boat
    Tige R23
    After you put a gallon or so in, you could briefly turn on the drain and fluid will come out the drain. Other hole is the vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk