Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: ATX

Boat
    2017 RZX3, 2013 MB F24, 2000 21V
    The other problem you'll run into is that I'm willing to bet most dealers aren't getting spec boat with anything more than a 400. Maybe 440 if you're lucky. That means you'll never be able to demo one unless you find an owner with one already and they give you a ride. You'll never know if a 460 is overkill or not enough until you purchase your boat.

Boat
    Tige R23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zackdogg View Post
    I get the theory, but the supercharger Gs I’ve been on just feel effortless with weight, even at elevation.. Doesn’t sound like I get my way, on an ATX, at least, and I’d like to feel the 2:1, heavy as I run, at 6200’... I doubt they’d let me demo it with all my friends, our coolers, and my pile of lead bags, anyways, so I may never know, without buying one, but I still want to try!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    What geAr ratio do the G’s have?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    1997 Pre 2150 WT (sold)
    Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    The other problem you'll run into is that I'm willing to bet most dealers aren't getting spec boat with anything more than a 400. Maybe 440 if you're lucky. That means you'll never be able to demo one unless you find an owner with one already and they give you a ride. You'll never know if a 460 is overkill or not enough until you purchase your boat.
    That is a very good point. Guess he will just have to get one and let us know

Quote Originally Posted by Bamer View Post

I want to say 1.48:1.

Solid point. Maybe ATX would like to lend me a 460 boat, to put the high altitude seal of approval on it, with a series of tests??

Or, I could probably find a 460, in a different hull, to demo, to at least see.. I’m pretty well an expert, on elevation problems, at this point!!

ATX

Quote Originally Posted by Bamer View Post

Apparently, at least one of the ones I ride on is a 2:1.. not sure if it was optioned that way, or they all were.. no wonder it doesn’t care about weight or elevation.. and that they shear off driveshafts!!

That boat came from Colorado, I’m wondering if it was optioned that way.. I don’t think they all are..

Last edited by Zackdogg; 08-15-2019 at 09:51 PM.

I want to say 1.48:1.

PCM was a 1.48, then went 1.76, and I believe ran a 2:1 after with 1 1/8 shafts and found out that was a no go. Believe they made the switch to 1 1/4 for 2:1. Dont get to see new Gs in the shop.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel4life View Post
    PCM was a 1.48, then went 1.76, and I believe ran a 2:1 after with 1 1/8 shafts and found out that was a no go. Believe they made the switch to 1 1/4 for 2:1. Dont get to see new Gs in the shop.
    That sounds right, with the 1 1/4” shaft. I think that was the fix for the ones shearing. And one of my buddy’s has a G in Boise. He goes to whatever dealer that is, we’ll just call them “the enemy”! Actually he said they’re good dudes too.

That sounds right, with the 1 1/4” shaft. I think that was the fix for the ones shearing. And one of my buddy’s has a G in Boise. He goes to whatever dealer that is, we’ll just call them “the enemy”! Actually he said they’re good dudes too.

Chad one our salesman lives with one of their sales guys Chase. Idaho Water Sports is great st what they do as well and while they are our direct competitor we all help each other out. One year for boat show a couple of their guys came over to help us paint our walkups(last minute before the show as always). All we had to do was buy the beer. Idaho is too small to make enemies

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel4life View Post
    Chad one our salesman lives with one of their sales guys Chase. Idaho Water Sports is great st what they do as well and while they are our direct competitor we all help each other out. One year for boat show a couple of their guys came over to help us paint our walkups(last minute before the show as always). All we had to do was buy the beer. Idaho is too small to make enemies
    Smart! Keep the enemy closer!!

Sounds like there’s plenty of business for you guys up there! Not sure if it’s because we’re in drought so often, or what, but our dealership selection is terrible, for a similar sort of area.. we have one good dealership, the Sanger and Nautique guys, and they’re tiny. Sucks to have to drive to Sac, every time I need something done.

Boat
    2017 RZX3, 2013 MB F24, 2000 21V
    So I have learned a few things today. I have been super excited about this boat, and I still am, but am loosing steam now. We LOVE our boat now, but have been interested in a boat that is a little lighter overall and easier on my tow rig. If I could save a buck, even better. I've seen two build sheets with pricing now, and am a bit discouraged.

For starters, the ATX website says, "starting at $71750". In my mind I think MSRP. This is not the case. This is the actual dealer sales price. I did some checking around and on Tige's website some of the boats actually say MSRP and some don't. It goes either way around the industry as well. We are all used to seeing a price and then knowing we will actually pay 10-25% less than that. I guess they are changing that. So now be ready to see the base MSRP on your build sheet up A LOT. I was hoping for the base boat to be somewhere in the low to mid 60's and then add options. Moomba says the Max starts at $63,880, (doesn't say MSRP) for reference.
    Speaking of options. I got on the website and built a boat the first day. The builder at the time had option prices. My options pricing came to about $13k. As best as I can recall I optioned this new build the same way and now the option pricing is $22k. Now this does include some trailer options that were not on the builders site at $3600. The biggest surprise to me was the engine upgrades. The price for the 400 over the 360 seemed very reasonable to me. But jumping to the 440 would cost me 4.5 times as much as the 400 upgrade cost! It's just a computer tune!!! I can only imagine the price for the 460 (computer tune and hard parts)----Zack, maybe your quote for $140k was right on. If I understand the build sheet right, the ballast system is included in the base price. The new TAPS 3T system is not included. Who's going to build a boat today and pass on the surf system? It is lower than a similar aftermarket system, but more than what I would have expected to pay for a factory add on. I love the idea of an 8 vent heater as long as they are spread around the boat pretty good. I thought the price for this was very fair. Actually most of the other options were right in line with what I would have guessed.

Like I said, we love our boat and it's going to take some doing to get us into another boat for a while. If the 400 motor works great then that will help bring the cost down and that would be fine with me. But in the end, it would be hard to go from an RZX to a ATX 22 "type S" (wait for the Acura lawsuit ) and have the same payment. I still can't wait to climb around it and give it a good look. I'd love to get it on the water and see the new surf system.

Those that have been in it, how close were you to hitting your head on the bimini as you got in/out of it?

So I have learned a few things today. I have been super excited about this boat, and I still am, but am loosing steam now. We LOVE our boat now, but have been interested in a boat that is a little lighter overall and easier on my tow rig. If I could save a buck, even better. I've seen two build sheets with pricing now, and am a bit discouraged.

For starters, the ATX website says, "starting at $71750". In my mind I think MSRP. This is not the case. This is the actual dealer sales price. I did some checking around and on Tige's website some of the boats actually say MSRP and some don't. It goes either way around the industry as well. We are all used to seeing a price and then knowing we will actually pay 10-25% less than that. I guess they are changing that. So now be ready to see the base MSRP on your build sheet up A LOT. I was hoping for the base boat to be somewhere in the low to mid 60's and then add options. Moomba says the Max starts at $63,880, (doesn't say MSRP) for reference.
    Speaking of options. I got on the website and built a boat the first day. The builder at the time had option prices. My options pricing came to about $13k. As best as I can recall I optioned this new build the same way and now the option pricing is $22k. Now this does include some trailer options that were not on the builders site at $3600. The biggest surprise to me was the engine upgrades. The price for the 400 over the 360 seemed very reasonable to me. But jumping to the 440 would cost me 4.5 times as much as the 400 upgrade cost! It's just a computer tune!!! I can only imagine the price for the 460 (computer tune and hard parts)----Zack, maybe your quote for $140k was right on. If I understand the build sheet right, the ballast system is included in the base price. The new TAPS 3T system is not included. Who's going to build a boat today and pass on the surf system? It is lower than a similar aftermarket system, but more than what I would have expected to pay for a factory add on. I love the idea of an 8 vent heater as long as they are spread around the boat pretty good. I thought the price for this was very fair. Actually most of the other options were right in line with what I would have guessed.

Like I said, we love our boat and it's going to take some doing to get us into another boat for a while. If the 400 motor works great then that will help bring the cost down and that would be fine with me. But in the end, it would be hard to go from an RZX to a ATX 22 "type S" (wait for the Acura lawsuit ) and have the same payment. I still can't wait to climb around it and give it a good look. I'd love to get it on the water and see the new surf system.

Those that have been in it, how close were you to hitting your head on the bimini as you got in/out of it?
    Oh, great. How am I supposed to come bum a ride, on yours, if you don’t buy one??

I will say, they have done a really good job at making me wonder, on this boat. I’m sure as hell not going to be the first guy to jump on..

I’m literally thinking the exact same things as you.. I love everything about my boat, except the part where it underpowered. It would be worth starting over for 5 more years of warranty.. I doubt the ATX can touch my goofy wave, which is the side I ride, screw everyone on the regular side! I’d be super interested if I could get a 575, which doesn’t sound like it’s happening..

Hoping there’s one at my dealer, if I ever get my boat back.. curious to see someone’s price breakdown, whenever that may be... and happy to ride behind one, if I can work that out, somewhere!!

Boat
    2017 RZX3, prev 2006 24ve
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB313 View Post
    .Where are my MN riders? Let's load this boat up and see what it is fully capable of!
    Mike, count me in. I can bring my 600#s of lead.