Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question for those with Shapers

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    This time next year, boats with GSA plates will have just an OK wave Threads be like "how do I make it better"
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    2007 22ve
    Quote Originally Posted by boatwakes View Post
    I won a shaper at the reunion last year and have had a blast messing with it. We run 1400lbs at times but usually around 1200 and throw the wedge on there because it takes 5 seconds and we are still constantly playing with it.

What kind of shaper did you win Boat Wakes?

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdriver View Post
    What kind of shaper did you win Boat Wakes?
    Roswell Deflector Wave Shaper.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    2007 22ve
    Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    This time next year, boats with GSA plates will have just an OK wave Threads be like "how do I make it better"
    The wheel in the sky keeps on turning!

Boat
    Previously 2004 22i, 2014 Z1, now 2015 Z3 with GSA
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetdriver View Post
    D&P, the blanket statement I was referring to that you made was this, “If you dial in the proper pitch and roll degrees, and weight it correctly to get there, the wave on a TAPS 3 boat will far surpass any wave with any wake shaper.”
    Ok, I now see what you mean. Please allow me to correct the statement above. It did not come across as I intended. If you dial in the proper pitch and degrees on a TAPS 3 boat, and weight it correctly to get there, the wave on a TAPs 3 boat without a shaper will far surpass the wave on a TAPS 3 boat with any wakeshaper.

No need to apologize, I just didn’t understand where I went wrong in my intended communication. Now it makes sense. I was just trying to say if you have TAPS 3 on any boat, it will work beautifully if you dial it in correctly and make a beautiful wave. There’s no need to use a wake shaper to get there on a TAPS 3 boat.
    Last edited by D&P Powell; 08-14-2019 at 03:13 AM.