Thread: Ballast becoming air locked

Boat
    Tige RZR

Ballast becoming air locked

2013 Tige RZR, all of a sudden my 3 of my 4 ballast started to get air locked after a week of sitting on the lift. If I run the fill pumps they will run but not pump any water, but if I stop them and crack the top of the pump and turn them back on I can start to hear water running to the bag. But never fails happens every weekend. any ideas on why this happens? My though is bad check valves somewhere but hard to believe that 3 went at once. Thanks in advance

I had my R23 in for the same thing, I am on a lift as well. The dealer recommended trying to fill the bags at a higher speed, like 15mph. I thought this was too fast but apparently not?

Boat
    2013 Z3
    I am now having the same issue. Nothing has changed with my boat, hoses in the same location , same backflow preventers, same lift. Wondering if the pumps are just wearing out??

Boat
    Tige' 2013 Z3 - Surf Ballast
    I am having the same issue on my 2013 Z3 with the front bags only. I have dropped an email to the EXPERT (chpthril) for his suggestions.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    On a newer boat, we typically find that the fill pump body/outlet usually needs to be reoriented to allow the trapped air to purge from the pump.

On an existing system previously working system, I would look for factory installed check valves. They may have become sticky due to marine growth, not allowing the air to purge through.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    Tige' 2013 Z3 - Surf Ballast
    Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    On a newer boat, we typically find that the fill pump body/outlet usually needs to be reoriented to allow the trapped air to purge from the pump.

On an existing system previously working system, I would look for factory installed check valves. They may have become sticky due to marine growth, not allowing the air to purge through.

After emailing with Chpthrill, he hit the home run again. Took the check valves out and clean them in belch mixture water and let them soaked awhile, installed and no problems since then. The man has a memory bank of knowledge.

Thanks Sir