Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ALTERNATOR RECALL AND STEREO ISSUES

Boat
    2019 R23
    With my issue only the crank battery had damage and it was replaced under warranty. When I was having the issue the crank battery volts would show 19 volts. House battery would indicate 14.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Quote Originally Posted by rjlloyd View Post
    I’m not sure. Shop didn’t say anything about the charger function of the new alternator. How can I tell? What happened with yours?

The factory installed on-board charger is external and separate of the alternator. One would need to plug the charger in to AC, then monitor the status lights and check the output with a volt meter at each battery.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    Tige R23
    Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    The factory installed on-board charger is external and separate of the alternator. One would need to plug the charger in to AC, then monitor the status lights and check the output with a volt meter at each battery.
    Yes. I was talking about the AC powered on board charger. My charger will only light up the AC power led and never performs the self-check and never lights up any of the status leds.