Thread: Hot dock, cover in carpet, seadeck?

Hybrid View

1. Hot dock, cover in carpet, seadeck?

My dock is aluminum and gets to scorching temps in the sun. Anyone cover their docks? I am thinking about outdoor carpeting, a seadeck knock off, or maybe a spongy plastic carpet like some Mastercrafts have.

Thoughts, suggestions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    You could probably buy minors moss in a large roll. Similar to the deck stuff used in Mc and previously tige.

https://www.americanfloormats.com/mi...specting-mats/

3. Thank you! Prospecting mats, who knew?

Boat
    2009 24Ve w/ AutoWake, Tablet Helm, and Ultra-Ballast; LOTS more technology under development!
    Stick with the lightest colors. We used grey and it gets scorching hot in the sun. We didn't expect that, but it's true.

Boat
    '14 Z3
    ID is right. docks at the old lake at home are grey trex and they are crazy hot in the july/august sun. unless you're in the upper midwest. grey dock at the launch ramp there didn't get quite as hot. sun is different there.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

6. I think I am leaning towards the EVA foam. Sandm and ID, would a light grey still get hot in the sun? I’m in NH, so not FL sun, but the dock gets sun for most of the day.

Really I am just sick of keeping a hand bilge pump on the dock to wet it every time we walk on it.