Thread: Alpha Z tower bracket mod?

Boat
    2012 RZ2

Alpha Z tower bracket mod?

I have a surf board that is fatter than the Alpha tower bracket will allow. I believe 2.5"+ thick. Had anyone done a MOD or have a different board holder assembly?

I cannot use the Bimini top holder due to overheating the board during storage. Already learned that lesson the hard way.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Boat
    2009 Tige 22ve
    If it's a foam board you don't want it in the board racks either as it's not enough support and the racks will dent the board in rough water. I have an old Hyperlite wakeboard bag that I stick my Soulcraft in. Use the surf bimini strap to hold the back and two hand clamps to hold the front handle to the bimini. White towel helps to keep the heat off. May look a little ghetto but it works well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boat
    2007 22ve
    I agree with BC, you don’t want to put those fragile boards in a traditional rack. Bag it and either leave in the boat or get a Bimini mount lined up. There are also several tower mounted racks that utilize bungees or straps to hold them that won’t damage bards. I put all my boards in bags and stack them up.
    08D68235-EB5A-4D6B-B814-E1DBFDE0B0D1.jpg

https://hyperryddesigns.com

^^These are my new favorite racks. Think they are great solution for guys needed more board storage and in a lot of cases can get the boards into the shade of the bimini instead of baking up on top. Only major downside is like all good things purpose built for marine applications, they are NOT cheap! lol
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 06-05-2019 at 09:32 PM.

Boat
    2009 24ve
    I was looking to put a rack like the one freeheel was describing under my tower so the boards were under the bimini. But I have the alpha z tower and seems to me that the tower is too short and they might be down too low

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    2012 RZ2
    Quote Originally Posted by freeheel4life View Post
    https://hyperryddesigns.com

^^These are my new favorite racks. Think they are great solution for guys needed more board storage and in a lot of cases can get the boards into the shade of the bimini instead of baking up on top. Only major downside is like all good things purpose built for marine applications, they are NOT cheap! lol
    That looks like what I was looking to try to make. $450 for $20 of materials wow

I think I will try to make my own. And post my success or failure here. I was literally thinking of a combo of bungees and pool noodles. If we are under way I was going to transfer the board to above Bimini to be secured better.

It will be pretty short under the Bimini of the alpha Z but it is still better that jumping around the boards.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk