Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Wakesurfing Setup for 2005 Tige 21i

  1. Wakesurfing Setup for 2005 Tige 21i

    I have a 2005 Tige 21i and would like to try and do some basic wakesurfing on it. Any recommnedations about a wedge and/or ballast set up to get? The previous owner used a Nauticurl and said it worked well. My family and I are not looking at getting into it too seriously but would like to be able to do some recreational wakesurfing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    990
    Boat
    Previously 2004 22i, 2014 Z1, now 2015 Z3
    We owned a 2004 22i, so keep that in mind with these recommendations. The nauticurl was good (we tried many), but I would recommend the Wakesurf Edge. I would reach out to CHPTHRIL on here for Ballast advice. Lastly, just as a side note; we never wakesurfed before purchasing our first boat... we were instantly hooked. It was the driving force for us to upgrade boats a couple of times in the last 5 years.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Helena,MT.
    Posts
    1,031
    Boat
    2019 zx5 fully tricked
    200lbs in each front locker under seats
    800lb in rear locker
    400lbs of moveable weight on surf side and your golden
    surf till u die.

  4. Thanks so much!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Parker, TX
    Posts
    138
    Boat
    Tige R23
    Quote Originally Posted by D&P Powell View Post
    We owned a 2004 22i, so keep that in mind with these recommendations. The nauticurl was good (we tried many), but I would recommend the Wakesurf Edge. I would reach out to CHPTHRIL on here for Ballast advice. Lastly, just as a side note; we never wakesurfed before purchasing our first boat... we were instantly hooked. It was the driving force for us to upgrade boats a couple of times in the last 5 years.
    How do you like your Z3 surf wave? What’s your setup like?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Murrieta, CA
    Age
    50
    Posts
    990
    Boat
    Previously 2004 22i, 2014 Z1, now 2015 Z3
    We love it! We’ve had a lot of help dialing it in from elevatedconcepts and thegerman618 on here. They deserve all the credit. We fill the aft bags and use anywhere from 1000-1400 in lead. We fill the bow to about 60% surf side, 40% off side. We then get pitch and roll to 9-5 or 10-6 by adjusting weight. We have found that to be the key. You can put all the weight wherever you want, but you can’t dial it in right until you have pitch and roll dialed in.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Lake Wylie area, NC
    Age
    50
    Posts
    27,953
    Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    My family and I are not looking at getting into it too seriously but would like to be able to do some recreational wakesurfing.
    My experience coming from an I/O and wake boarding into a true tow boat and surfing for the first time. With boarding, beginners need a beginner height wake, and progress up. With wake surfing, its the complete opposite. An advanced surfer can make good with a mediocre wave, where as a beginner surfer will struggle on that same mediocre wave.

    So while you dont need a pro level comp surf wave, you do need to aim for a good quality wave. It will allow you to rally enjoy learning to surf. 1st summer with out tige, we struggled with not enough weight and a crappy board. Members here , got us set right.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Nixa, MO
    Posts
    89
    Boat
    2005 Tige' 22i
    Quote Originally Posted by bgd_40 View Post
    I have a 2005 Tige 21i and would like to try and do some basic wakesurfing on it. Any recommnedations about a wedge and/or ballast set up to get? The previous owner used a Nauticurl and said it worked well. My family and I are not looking at getting into it too seriously but would like to be able to do some recreational wakesurfing. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
    My Boat: 2005 22i
    WakeShaper: SWELL
    Ballast: 800 Surf side (in locker and on floor); off side 400
    Board: Broadcast

    All the kids can surf it (13, 11, 7) no problem. I have to work a little to stay off rope while surfing it (180#'s). I'd like to increase ballast but the wife freaks out about "sinking" the boat.

    Check around the site for board recommendations, but the broadcast works way better than my previous board.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Location
    Parker, TX
    Posts
    138
    Boat
    Tige R23
    Quote Originally Posted by D&P Powell View Post
    We love it! We’ve had a lot of help dialing it in from elevatedconcepts and thegerman618 on here. They deserve all the credit. We fill the aft bags and use anywhere from 1000-1400 in lead. We fill the bow to about 60% surf side, 40% off side. We then get pitch and roll to 9-5 or 10-6 by adjusting weight. We have found that to be the key. You can put all the weight wherever you want, but you can’t dial it in right until you have pitch and roll dialed in.
    Do you have 1 aft bag on each side the or do you have a bag under the floor w/plug n play bags above the floor?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. Thank you for sharing your problem with us! Your had a nice experience. I hope you'll be able to share more details in the future.
    https://customcollegeessays.com/blog/usa-essays

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •