Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2001 2100v (350 MAG/MPI) overheating/thermostat issue....

Boat
    2001 Riders Edition/2100V LTD
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruger761 View Post
    You might double check the Tsat. That sure looks like it might be sticking or a slightly higher temp version vs the original 165. You can either replace it or if you can put it in a pot on the stove. Heat it up and check the water temp at which it opens up. As quickly as it’s bouncing temp I’d say your getting good flow now.
    Copy that. Cheap part to replace even with OEM. Pretty sure I bought Quicksilver last time. Have to check my amazon. The weird thing though is that I replaced it due to this same symptom about 2 years ago but it continues to do it. I will wanna check it out though.

I was thinking I might look into the heater core too... I put a union piece there 6 years ago to bypass the core as it corroded from my years back east. Just wanna make sure nothing is blocking flow there.

Any other suggestions please advise! Is there a chance my manifolds are having an issue? Can they be cleared or inspected to ensure no blockage exists? Thanks Ruger!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    1997 Pre 2150 WT
    You can ceck flow by pulling you blue drain plugs on the sides of the block and in the manifolds. Only check them 1 at a time and compare side to side. Be careful as that water will be coming out really hot. They should be pretty equal in the same locations side to side, well assuming the drain port itself isn’t corroded or block a little.
    1997 Pre 2150 WT

Boat
    '00 22i Custom Fox Edition
    That salt begins to solidify at 170*. I’d be willing to bet the exhaust manifolds have a ton of build up in them. That’s why your temp gauge is jumping around. It runs out of water to measure. No water at the sensor means no reading. There’s probably just barely enough water getting through the system to keep the motor from burning down.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.