Thread: Want to add surf system to 2013 r20

Hybrid View

1. Want to add surf system to 2013 r20

Want to add a surf system to 2013 tige r20. We have the factory surf set up 1600lbs with vix plate. We have upgraded the rear bags from wake makers. I believe the new ones are 983lbs.

Has anyone removed the vx plate and put on an aftermarket surf tabs. Any input would be appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Boat
    2017 RZX3, 2013 MB F24, 2000 21V
    There are a few different options you can go with:

-Go Surf Assist. Probably the most complete kit and requires the least thinking. It is also the most expensive.
    -Home made. There are lots of options here, from a complete "trim tab" kit from Lenco to individually piecing parts together. Check out Wake Garage for some nice controllers that people have made.

You can read up on the homemade system I made for my old boat here:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hlight=taps+21

I could help put something similar together for you if you wanted to go that route.

3. Quote Originally Posted by UNSTUCK View Post
    There are a few different options you can go with:

-Go Surf Assist. Probably the most complete kit and requires the least thinking. It is also the most expensive.
    -Home made. There are lots of options here, from a complete "trim tab" kit from Lenco to individually piecing parts together. Check out Wake Garage for some nice controllers that people have made.

You can read up on the homemade system I made for my old boat here:

http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...hlight=taps+21

I could help put something similar together for you if you wanted to go that route.
    Thanks that is great. I will keep you in mind when I get closer to it. -40 here right now. Was looking at trying to find dimensions for the 2019 r20 tabs and doing a similar thing like you did. My dealer doesn’t have any r20 in stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk