Thread: 4th Annual Alberta Tigé Owners Reunion

Boat
    2013 Tigé Z1 Vx

4th Annual Alberta Tigé Owners Reunion

Well it's time to start planning the 4th Annual Tigé soak. I have it in my calendar that group sites open for booking at any provincial park on Feb 4.

We've always done Little Bow as it works well for southern Alberta. I would support going there again for the June 22/23 weekend. However I think we owe it to the community to explore options.

A couple questions?

1) despite poor showings in the past should we invite the dealer/dealers to participate?

2) should we look for something further north to capture more from Edmonton etc?

3) should we invest in a group site? (Requires ten to make sense)

4) should we force Harvard to cook again?

5) what dates?

Please weigh in before the deadline.

Boat
    2008 Z1
    That weekend works for me. I think the group site would be good in that it's close to the boats and would provide for better group socializing. The major drawback is there is NO power. I have a generator so it's not a huge deal to me but I don't know how others feel.

I say not to bother with Seca or dealers. I think we all have enough boards to try and it seems guys have new toys every year. It always seems to be a disappointment when they no show.

I guess step 1 is let's figure out how many are planning to attend and would be camping for the weekend. I also second the motion that Harvard brings his smoker again!

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk
    2008 Tige Z1 Limited Ronix Edition
    360 hp, Fly High ballast, Alpine, JL Audio, Kicker, Wetsounds audio

Boat
    2006 22V
    Thanks for kicking this off again Johhnie!

1. I am torn on the dealerships (due to a lack of follow-through the past few years) - but was thinking that Riverside might be more interested? I do know that I am done trying to deal with them, so if someone else would like to I wouldn't be against it.

2. We could try further North, but I think we would have to go quite a way North to make it worth their while. I guess it would depend on interest from the Northern folks.

3. I think the group site is a good idea. I probably won't have a trailer this year (so will be tenting it).

4. Regardless of whether Harvard cooks the meat again or not - we should plan a pot-luck meal again so that we all eat together 1 night.

5. June 22nd, 23rd works for me.

Let's keep growing this event!

Boat
    2013 Tigé Z1 Vx
    Well not a lot of responses. I understand that these are the dog days of winter but I was hoping for a few new replies. If no one speaks up I think we stick with Little Bow for June 22. Besides it wouldn't be our reunion without rain, wind and cold water.

I can engage with Seca but I want to keep my expectations low. Weather did hurt us a lot last year so I'll give a bit of a mulligan on that.

As for the group site I also have a generator so it's not an issue for me. We spend all our time outside anyways so as long as we have some music I don't know what we need power for. As I recall Harvard did need AC to run his smoker so that could be an issue. I'll have to check and see if there is AC in a building there.

I do feel that having an entire group area will be more fun. We always get segmented otherwise.

So unless I hear new ideas I'll plan to book the group site at Little Bow.

Here are some updates on our 5th wheel reno.