Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZX5... Anyone play with added weight?

Boat
    2019 ZX5/ZX1
    Play with bow weight first. Yes we are running 730s in the rear, a 770 in the nose PNP and about 300 of lead up in the bow that we leave in.

Boat
    ZX5
    Quote Originally Posted by elevatedconcept View Post
    Play with bow weight first. Yes we are running 730s in the rear, a 770 in the nose PNP and about 300 of lead up in the bow that we leave in.
    Where would I find the PnP bow bag? Wakemakers say they don’t make one.

Boat
    2019 ZX5/ZX1
    you wont you will need to customer order one and plumb it in.

Boat
    ZX5
    Well first outing was so so. I have 730 lb wakemakers PnP bags in the rear and 600lbs of lead in the bow. Regular side was very nice but not too long but goofy side was washed out. Just couldn’t get it cleaned up. Gotta go again this week by myself so I can experiment a bit more. I know it’s gonna be good just kind of surprised how the goofy side is.

Boat
    2014 SV244
    Are you listing a little bit to surf side on the goofy side? Due to prop spin, I have seen many boats require a little weight bias on goofy side which cleans up the wash. I list a little bit on my boat even with surf tabs and goofy requires a little more list than regular side (I typically have approx 250lbs more on regular side and approx 400lbs more on goofy side running a total of 4900lbs of ballast. (speculation since I have not been in a ZX5)