Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: How to replace my propeller shaft seal?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    14
    Boat
    2001 Tigé 2300V Limited

    How to replace my propeller shaft seal?

    Hello,

    I have a 2001 2300V Tige. I have yet to find out what shaft seal I have? Everything I have found has water plumbed to the shaft seal? Does anyone have a part number or an idea of where to get a replacement? Also any pointers on how to change it would be great! Thank you!

    20180826_161258.jpg

    Screenshot_20180826-152555_Video Player.jpg

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Posts
    2,561
    Boat
    Tigé
    What is wrong with yours? If it is leaking at the fitting, loosen the four set screws and compress the fitting one inch. There will be two screws per hole.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    7
    Boat
    2006 24v
    Quote Originally Posted by B-Boy View Post
    Hello,

    I have a 2001 2300V Tige. I have yet to find out what shaft seal I have? Everything I have found has water plumbed to the shaft seal? Does anyone have a part number or an idea of where to get a replacement? Also any pointers on how to change it would be great! Thank you!

    20180826_161258.jpg

    Screenshot_20180826-152555_Video Player.jpg
    PYI inc., part #01-118-134R. Tige PSS 1 1/8 shaft.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    14
    Boat
    2001 Tigé 2300V Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    What is wrong with yours? If it is leaking at the fitting, loosen the four set screws and compress the fitting one inch. There will be two screws per hole.
    I haven't had any issues with it yet. The black boot looks really worn and cracked, so I was thinking I would replace it. I had to pull the transmission out of my boat, and have yet to put the v-drive back on. I thought this would be a good time to do it. Should I leave it?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Posts
    2,561
    Boat
    Tigé
    If you have the prop shaft disconnected i would go ahead and replace it. It is going on 18 years old.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Location
    Austin, Texas
    Posts
    14
    Boat
    2001 Tigé 2300V Limited
    Quote Originally Posted by lee View Post
    If you have the prop shaft disconnected i would go ahead and replace it. It is going on 18 years old.

    Any idea where to get one?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Mount Juliet, TN
    Posts
    2,561
    Boat
    Tigé
    Your local dealer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    1,556
    Tige Part #D1053 will get you the newest version of the dripless seal(add a waterline to lube seal).

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •