Thread: R23 windscreen

Boat
    2018 R23

R23 windscreen

Can someone take a pic or tell me what the windscreen looks like on a 2018 R23? The one that came with the boat doesn’t have tracks to keep it in place. Mine is a solid black piece of thick plastic, not the thinner smoke color as I have had or seen in other Tige’s in the past that’s kept in place by rails on each side. Dealer says it’s a Tige screen but really seems hokey to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    2018 r23
    yes, mine is the same. looks like a black cutting board with an angle to fit the opening and a handle (which, it basically is).

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boat
    2018 R23
    I figured but you don’t have any guides to keep it in place? Seems like it just sits there wedged in between the cooler and front seat cushion? I know the r series is “budget” but....

Boat
    2019 Tigé
    Correct, it wedges between the cooler cushion and bow seat cushion. The windshield holds the top in place.

Boat
    2018 R23
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeB313 View Post
    Correct, it wedges between the cooler cushion and bow seat cushion. The windshield holds the top in place.
    Good to know. I had a 2006 20v and it had a much better setup. Maybe I can come up with something similar. Thanks!

Boat
    Boat free till 2021 2016 Z3, 1998 2200v
    Yeah....you gotta pay to play when it comes to pimped out windscreens.

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    Is it not the same as the z3? The z3 has a sweet wind screen, ticks under front seat when not in use and easily flips up.

Boat
    '14 Z3
    ^ i find this location to be a prime spot to trap water and growth... and kind of a pita to clean since a lot of the upholstery is sewn together into "hinges".
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    Yea that is true. My buddy always opens his up when he leaves it. But it’s nice for it to be held there.

Boat
    2018 R23
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakes5 View Post
    Yeah....you gotta pay to play when it comes to pimped out windscreens.
    Ha! I thought I did . Funny (or not so funny) my $30k boat had a better one. Oh well. I guess if you're going to cut costs somewhere, it may as well be a wind screen and not on something you can't add/change/fix. It's not going to change the fact I love my new boat and glad I picked it over a Moomba!

Now just have to change my signature pic to the new one...on my list for this spring when it comes back out from storage.