Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: audio mess and the beginning to fixing it questions

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Id leave them, and even leave them active. But from a power and tuning standpoint, I would want to put the best amp I have in inventory, on the 8's, then the amp for the 6.5's would be secondary. Once the full inventory is established, the pieces will start to fall in place.

I hope it was not taken, that I thought your system was childs play. My reaction to your areas of concern, are small potatoes to me as joked about my reaction, compared to the current project in the shop. Id LOVE to have your boat in the shop. I think youve got a good ensemble of gear, just needs to tweaks here and there to make it better.

Putting a ported 13W7 under that helm sound awesome!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    '14 Z3
    no taken wrong. I APPRECIATE all the advice and when it comes to sourcing parts to finish this, you will be the first one I tap, although not sure you can sell ws to me. even tho I don't have a tige dealer here.

picking up in the am from the cover shop and going to start playing with it tomorrow in the driveway.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    the last wire nut
    ??? No way!
    It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Quote Originally Posted by KoolAid View Post
    ??? No way!
    It was 20" from the battery switch to the B+ distribution block, i pulled 52" of 4ga cable. The main fuse was closer to the block, then the switch. The ground distance was shorter, and there was still 36" of cable.

Original setup was 4ga to blocks, then about 12" of 8ga to amps. 2nd shop, said the 8ga was too small and replaced with 4ga. Never realized the 4ga trunk was also too small for the setup.

Water was running down back of helm wall, dripping on amp. Lots of little things added to multiple equipment.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    2008 RZ4
    Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    Putting a ported 13W7 under that helm sound awesome!
    ^ This!!!
    I have a ported 10w7 on an old RF 1000bd ported under my helm and it sounds amazing, I really want to upgrade to a 13w7 but have too many toys and projects to spend the money and time.