Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New purchase advise r23

Boat
    2016 RZX3, 2014 R20 with taps 3
    Don’t go nxt they’re awful. I’d go r23, older Z3, or Fi23. Not really a huge fan of the Moomba but they’re definitely a step above axis and the nxt series.

2. Couldn't agree more.. The NXT shouldn't even be a choice. Looked at those too.. I am even coming from a mastercraft X2 and the NXT was dropped off the list immediately. It shouldn't be called a mastercraft. Quality was there, but so basic it reminded me of my first Bayliner. Axis is another one to avoid IMO. The two i looked at looked like they were slapped together by a 4th grade art class. Like i said before, for the price,value and style, moomba and Tige are leaders i think.

Boat
    Boat free till 2021 2016 Z3, 1998 2200v
    Don’t forget...you will need 600-800 pounds of lead to get a righteous wave on the R23. Or large friends who like to go on the boat but don’t like getting in the water.

Boat
    2006 20V
    Ha! I’ve been warned that 500lbs spread up front is generally needed if you don’t have a large crew. Lead is cheaper than heavy guys that drink beer (in the long run). I think that’s true with most 22-23 footers from my reading.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    2015 Z3, previously 2008 RZ2
    I have a 2015 Z3 with taps3 for sale. PM if you would like details.
    "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Boat
    2018 r23
    Quote Originally Posted by wired1236 View Post
    Ha! I’ve been warned that 500lbs spread up front is generally needed if you don’t have a large crew. Lead is cheaper than heavy guys that drink beer (in the long run). I think that’s true with most 22-23 footers from my reading.

R23 you're going to run your lead in the back under the bags and activity lockers. front should be good with the bags only.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Boat
    '14 Z3
    tige's I have surfed usually don't require a ton of nose weight. agree with cnote that front bags should be sufficient.
    2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
    2014 Z3.. Surf away

Boat
    2019 ZX5/ZX1
    Quote Originally Posted by bsreid View Post
    Don’t go nxt they’re awful. I’d go r23, older Z3, or Fi23. Not really a huge fan of the Moomba but they’re definitely a step above axis and the nxt series.
    FI is a junk heap rattle can. Just being honest. I would take a Moomba Makai over that boat 10 out of 10 times.

Boat
    Used to have gangsta lean 24Ve; then GSA F24 Tomcat, now a 2016 Supra SE450. Onward we roll!
    Quote Originally Posted by elevatedconcept View Post
    FI is a junk heap rattle can. Just being honest. I would take a Moomba Makai over that boat 10 out of 10 times.
    Recent Moomba builds are very solid—I agree. FI left me scratching my head a little bit.

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

To the OP, it just hit me. If you are planning on adding a heater plan on spending a bit more as you SHOULD get the inline pump to help pump antifreeze to heater and back to block. Only way Id go without it if the heater core got mounted in back close to the engine and even then I dont think it is worth risking and would personally still install the inline pump.

Quote Originally Posted by freeheel4life View Post
    DakotaAce is apparently stoked on his Makai, but not even sure what their price point is.
    I was hoping we would start to get some input on the Makai on this forum. That boat definitely has me intrigued considering the very first one sold was reportedly heavily optioned out and went for $106k. With the R23 starting at 95k for me it's tempting enough to jump brands eventually which sucks because I love Tige but that's a lot more boat (literally) for your money...

Boat
    2019 ZX5/ZX1
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnMac42 View Post
    I was hoping we would start to get some input on the Makai on this forum. That boat definitely has me intrigued considering the very first one sold was reportedly heavily optioned out and went for $106k. With the R23 starting at 95k for me it's tempting enough to jump brands eventually which sucks because I love Tige but that's a lot more boat (literally) for your money...
    You will always be able to buy an r23 significantly cheaper then a makai and the R23 will be a signficant more bling out of the box...

Boat
    2006 20V
    Quote Originally Posted by freeheel4life View Post
    To the OP, it just hit me. If you are planning on adding a heater plan on spending a bit more as you SHOULD get the inline pump to help pump antifreeze to heater and back to block. Only way Id go without it if the heater core got mounted in back close to the engine and even then I dont think it is worth risking and would personally still install the inline pump.
    Interesting idea. I never heard one being needed but I guess makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by wired1236 View Post
    Interesting idea. I never heard one being needed but I guess makes sense.

Its a standard on every Raptor Ive seen from the manufacturer when equipped with a heater. Its aluminim heads and a cast iron block. I believe Indmar was super concerned with even temps throughout the heads to prevent any warping at the firing deck. Running without an inline, esepecially if core is up at helm and you are bow high when surfing could result in low coolant flow GPM. Thats just my take on it anyways.