Thread: 2001 2300v gauges

2001 2300v gauges

I need new gauges I’m thinking Faria Breede Chesapeake gauges in black or white question is does anyone know of a part number of a adapter so I can pull the old 4” faria pilot out and put in a 2” depth finder attached to the existing transducer and I plan on putting the white or black stargazer 2 line gauge in place of Speedo here’s my current garbo gauges The taps gauge works but I have to tap on it the oil and volt and speedo work nothing else really need the temp gauge makes me nervous F55314F7-FD2C-4EAA-8F0D-DA5593C6B06B.jpg
    Last edited by realrawbdiggity; 07-28-2018 at 10:45 AM.

Boat
    2001 Riders Edition/2100V LTD
    I have the same exact gauges! I have to tap my RPM one sometimes. Definitely a bad ground for me... you may be experiencing some of the same issues. have you tried messing with the grounds? Good luck to ya!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i did tighten everything up two of the four work on my multi gauge so i don't think that one's a ground the speedo didn't work but after fiddling with the wires it works the pilot gauge turns on but its a eye sore i think i should run a ground block off battery i really wanna eliminate the pilot gauge but all the depth temp gauges i've seen are 2" i need an adapter from 4"-2"

Boat
    2001 2300v
    My 2001 has the chesapeake gauges. I would try a temporary ground direct to the battery on each gauge just to be certain its not a grounding issue. I would also check continuity on the wire from the sending units. Not sure about a 4" to 2" adapter but you could use a 4" blank and then cut a hole in that for the new 2".

https://www.amazon.com/Faria-Black-B.../dp/B00EVIICCU

Boat
    Tige 21v 2001
    My boat came with "rider's cruise" . I pulled it out- the Pilot gauge was a POS for me. I replaced that with Perfect Pass Pro and put the depth gauge in the "rider's Cruise spot- worked great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Will5150 View Post
    My boat came with "rider's cruise" . I pulled it out- the Pilot gauge was a POS for me. I replaced that with Perfect Pass Pro and put the depth gauge in the "rider's Cruise spot- worked great!!
    thanks i'll look into that

Quote Originally Posted by surfidaho View Post
    My 2001 has the chesapeake gauges. I would try a temporary ground direct to the battery on each gauge just to be certain its not a grounding issue. I would also check continuity on the wire from the sending units. Not sure about a 4" to 2" adapter but you could use a 4" blank and then cut a hole in that for the new 2".

https://www.amazon.com/Faria-Black-B.../dp/B00EVIICCU
    thanks for reply i'll try independent ground from batt do you know which wire on the motor is the tach wire and do you know how to test temp sensor

Boat
    2001 2300v
    I believe the tach wire is grey, it goes to the negative side of the coil. For the temp sensor you could ground out the wire and see if the gauge moves. If not then either your gauge or wire is bad. If it pegs the gauge then you likely have a bad sensor.

thanks surfidaho