Thread: Battery volts

Boat
    2014 Z3

Battery volts

What should fully charges batteries be at on the voltage meter. I put a new house battery in and have used the boat a few times. Voltage is showing 13.6 with nothing on. Crank battery shows 12.9-13 with key on not running. When I shut the key off it goes to 1.3. I’m getting the battery voltage low message and my stereo is only coming from front speakers which it has done in the past with ow battery issues (at least I think that’s what is causing it. Boat has been on a dual bank pro mariner charger for a couple days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    2017 RZX3, 2013 MB F24, 2000 21V
    Alternator voltage is 14.5, but most people don’t see that. Static voltage is 12.5 in a good battery. With the engine running and electrical items on you should see mid 13’s. If I saw less than that I would start looking into why.

1.3 volts says something is still pulling power.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    You need to check the voltage AT the batteries with a hand held volt meter. Sounds like the house bank is possibly not seeing any input from the alternator or a cable is missing and its not even part of the charging circuit.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience and Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props ARC Audio FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LifeForm LED Polk Rockford And More

Boat
    2014 Z3
    Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    You need to check the voltage AT the batteries with a hand held volt meter. Sounds like the house bank is possibly not seeing any input from the alternator or a cable is missing and its not even part of the charging circuit.
    Finally got around to checking them at the battery. Both show 12.8 but that’s after being on the charger for 2 days then unplugged for about 6 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk