Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: R21 Surf wave help.

Quote Originally Posted by Up2plane View Post
    Thanks Chptril.

The actuators have been replaced and tested in dealer mode. Speed is usually 10.8-11 mph. Wave washes out above 7 on surf settings or 5 on center plate settings. Usually run at 4/4 or 3/7 on Taps 2/3. Cannot get enough meat on wave face for good carving. Back pocket is ok. Push is average. Best set up so far is speed at 10.8, taps 2 at 4 tsps 3 at 4. Front Ballasts at 70%, rear ballasts full. 375lb fatsac on Rear seat. No lead. Have already tried 200lbs of lead Uber each rear ballast and 100 lbs lead in the front cooler. Really didn’t help.
    10.8 is a bit slow. I know when you engage the "surf" setting on our boat it defaults to 10.8 but I have found that 11.2 - 11.8 (depending on weight in the boat) helps a ton. If it's just your wife and son in the boat I would try 100% rears, 20-25% fronts, 11.2-11.4, Taps3 at 1-3, and Taps starting at 2 but play around with Taps to clean the wave up...

Boat
    2017 Tige R21
    Thanks everyone,

I spent the entire morning/afternoon, adjusting front ballasts and removing excess hose. That turned out great. (use a hockey stick to push front ballasts to front of bow. The bad is, I was screwing with my Taps system on the lake and depth displayed 12', well I was in 2'-3' of water and wrecked my prop, hopefully not more. Shaft looks good and turns freely.

I did however determine both Taps 3 actuators are bad. Sent a video to Harvey, you can hear them shorting out and buzzing on the trailer.

So thank you very much for that recommendation.

Maybe its a good time to upgrade to the ACME 1433 prop! and get a spare ACME 1617.

Looks like the local Tige Dealer is swapping the 2017's to the new actuator set-up before he sells them and 2018's just come that way. The 2017's have a fender washer on the bottom of the Taps plate and the 2018's do not. I think this is so you he can use the exsisting 2017 Taps 3 plates and just replace the actuators and relocate the attachment point.

Boat
    2017 Tige R21
    BurnMac42

When my new prop and actuators arrive, I will definitely try your settings! Just Purchased a Liquid Force Austin Keen off Ebay, I used this board in Florida, when taking surf lessons with my son. Awesome board, Two tail fins make it old guy usable

Boat
    2017 Tige R21
    On a side note......

Anyone know why the front ballast have check-valves on the vent/overflow lines and the rear ballast do not. My front Ballasts trap air and the rears do not. Could this be why? I think Tige put them in the fronts to prevent the ballast from taking on water if the bow hits a big wave, but not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Up2plane View Post
    BurnMac42

When my new prop and actuators arrive, I will definitely try your settings! Just Purchased a Liquid Force Austin Keen off Ebay, I used this board in Florida, when taking surf lessons with my son. Awesome board, Two tail fins make it old guy usable
    Everyone I seem to talk to recommends the 1235 for our boat...I'm ordering one this week....I had a 1433 on my 21v with equivalent weight to what these things have stock (let alone with additional lead) and I would get prop cavitation every so often with the 1433.....might consider a 1235