Thread: Battery replacement

Boat
    2014 Z3

Battery replacement

I finally took my house battery out and had it tested at oreily's and they said it was bad. It had an interstate battery (SRM-24, CCA 550, MCA 690). They had a similar battery except the CCA was like 420. Is that a big deal? Is there a brand recommended?

Boat
    2014 Z3
    Here are pics of my house battery and cranking battery. This is the way it's been wired since I've had the boat. I also have always got the low voltage warning every time i start the boat. The dealer said it was normal but just making sure. Sorry the pics aren't great. I can get better ones tonight if needed.
    house battery.jpg
    cranking battery.jpg

Boat
    Tigé
    It's a big deal when your cranking battery is toast/dead and you are relying on the house to start the engine :-)
    Easy way to tell if the cables on the batteries are correct. With key off and touch screen on, you should only see house voltage on the screen. Then key on should bring in cranking battery voltage. If you are missing one, then a battery is not wired properly. If you see house and cranking voltage without the key in the on position, the batteries are wired up wrong.

This doesn't cover issues where the isolator is wire improperly.
    It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremiah.hough View Post
    I finally took my house battery out and had it tested at oreily's and they said it was bad. It had an interstate battery (SRM-24, CCA 550, MCA 690). They had a similar battery except the CCA was like 420. Is that a big deal? Is there a brand recommended?
    If im looking for a house battery CCA, CA and MCA dont mean chit to me. Its all about Ah, amp hours. You want a deep cycle with amp hours, not cranking amps.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience and Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props ARC Audio FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LifeForm LED Polk Rockford And More

Boat
    2014 Z3
    I didn't really understand why cranking amps mattered on a house battery but my current house battery listed all those numbers so i thought I'd check. Should it also list Ah? I didn't see that anywhere.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    I think the SRM-24 is 84Ah
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience and Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props ARC Audio FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LifeForm LED Polk Rockford And More