Thread: Impeller

Impeller

Is it normal that the veins on the impeller are bent opposite directions like this? Do I need to change my impeller? My temp stays right around 175 plus or minus a few degrees. I have the marine power 5.7 340 raw water cooled. Is that the right temp for the engine? I’m guessing it is a 165 thermostat as of right now does that sound right to you guys? Or should it be 143?
    Thanks,
    SamIMG_1851.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boat
    Entire Tige Lineup
    Impeller veins should all be "flexed" in the same direction like the three veins in the 2 and 3 o'clock positions in your photo. Impellers are relatively cheap, and with your slightly elevated engine temperature I would replace the impeller and pick up a spare to keep as a "weekend saver". The photo below is from Lee's post on replacing impellers and shows you the direction the veins should be in.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boat
    2007 22ve
    The vanes should all be bending towards the left if looking at it, IE the impeller rotates clockwise. After I install one I bump the starter to set the rotation. If you just cram it in and leave it, it can take a set.

E3712FD9-B435-4D1A-8AC1-E6DBFF044D4E.jpg

Thanks guys I will replace the impeller tomorrow before heading to the lake just in case!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk