Thread: 2006 20V startup Help

Hybrid View

1. 2006 20V startup Help

I have a 2006 20V. My helm lights come on, Gauges all come on but my battery voltage meter doesn’t kick on. All batteries are brand new. Any ideas? It clicks when I turn it over but otherwise nothing. Should I be looking at a new alternator or starter? It ran perfect when we put it up for winter and was stored all winter in a heated garage. So hard to think something significant happened.

Any help Or direction would be huge! Hoping to get it running before Memorial Day weekend.

Boat
    2015 Z3 with TAPS 3 / 2007 Calabria ProV
    Are the batteries new this season and never used? If so, you might have a connection wrong or missing. If they were installed last season and sat all winter without being charged, they might be low.
    Last edited by JCP; 05-15-2018 at 05:39 PM.

My first thought is a connection issue on your boat. The 10v on the gauge does concern me. Can you check it with a volt meter at the gauge to see what you are getting?

Can you jumper the starter manually? – If you don’t know how to do this, don’t attempt.

My second thought is that the boat has a bad starter. Maybe the solenoid is throwing out like it should but the starter isn’t spinning.
    It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

4. Got the voltage gauge to fire up normally, however still no luck when I try to turn it over. All gauges are normal, fuel
    Pump primes and I have power to my starter. But the engine doesn’t even attempt To crank over.

Do you have a part number and a link to a starter install for the MP 5.7 310HP motor?

Thanks!