Thread: Trailer Question

Hybrid View

Boat
    '06 22ve

Trailer Question

Got a pretty good deal on an ‘06 22ve. Needs a little love, but overall in pretty good shape. Have to replace all the speakers, but has all the ballast I’ll need.
    Trailer is pretty much trash. I found a trailer for sale locally that was used for an ‘08 Z1. Think length wise it won’t be a problem. Not sure about bunkers. Should this trailer work with my boat? Going to drag some measurements on it right now.

Boat
    '00 22i Custom Fox Edition
    Totally different boat. I doubt it will fit very well. Trailers are designed boat specific for balance. Too much weight out back will result in not enough tongue weight. Too much weight forward will create too much tongue weight. Both are bad. Adjusting the CG means moving the winch stand. I’d be willing to bet it’s welded in place. Depending on the manufacturer, the bunk stands are more than likely welded in place too. You might be able to modify it but, it’s a hell of a lot of work.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Boat
    47 Wellcraft Portofino 13/14 RZRs prior to my old age
    If it was the post 2013 Z1 I would say pretty close, but the original was much smaller.

It could be close but for sure will be smaller.

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    The change in tongue weight between a properly nested z1 and a larger 22ve would be my biggest concern. Too much either way, and its going to be a handful to tow.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience and Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props ARC Audio FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LifeForm LED Polk Rockford And More