Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tige Rules - a repost from the past, author unknown.

Boat
    Was a 2007 20V

Tige Rules - a repost from the past, author unknown.

Tigé Rules
    (It’s our boat so we get to make the rules)

Basic rule of thumb is this: Have a good time and treat our boat with respect as if it were yours. If you are on our boat, it means we invited you. You are our guest. It is our responsibility to make sure that you are safe while with us. It is our responsibility to make sure that you know if I've got any pet peeves, or, I mean "special rules" on our boat. It is our responsibility to understand that if you are new to boating, even if I explained our rules, you are in a different environment and may make mistakes, and I should not have a temper tantrum. As our guest, if you do not have a relaxing and pleasant experience, we have failed. Life is stressful enough, we are on our boat to relax and enjoy life.

General
    • Be Safe and Have Fun!
    • Use common sense
    • You break it you buy it!
    • If you don’t know ask
    • Leave your fishing pole at home...our boat is NOT a fishing boat!
    • Our boat runs on Gas not Thank You’s
    -If you can afford it; I'd be happy to buy ALL of your gas if you want to buy a boat!
    -No gas money can equal no invite back
    • Please keep the boat clean as possible
    • NO colored sunscreen
    • NO WHINING or COMPLAINING
    • We wake up vary early to wakeboard if you don’t get up you will get left behind.
    • I can break any rule it’s my boat!!!!!

Food
    • NO nasty sticky snacks
    • NO crumbs
    -NO crumb making food or powder coated (crackers, chips, etc) in the boat
    • NO chocolate
    • NO dip of any kind
    • NO food that turns your hands any color (Cheetos are the devil)
    • If you're going to eat cheese crackers, cheetos or any cheddar flavored snacks do so on the swim platform

Drinks
    • No spilling of beer, soft drinks, juice, etc.
    -You can spill water if you must
    • No glass containers, I don't care what's in it
    • Do NOT throw the drinks or trash in the lake when you are done
    -Place them in the trash bag provided
    • No coolers on the seats...FLOOR ONLY!
    • Always put beer/soda cans in koozies and in the cup holders

Respect
    • PLEASE really try not to stand on vinyl
    • Trash goes in the trash bag not in a cup holder
    • Don't just sit there while were docking...HELP GRAB THE DOCK!!!!
    • Don't place your towels, bags, etc. all over the boat; invest in a backpack so that it can be kept together and put it away

Shoes
    • Take off your shoes
    • NO shoes or dirty feet in the boat
    -If they are dirty, dunk them in the lake to clean them off

Cleaning The Boat /Beach
    • Get in the boat from the swim platform while it’s on the trailer
    • If you rode in the boat, or used it on the beach please help clean up afterwards!!!!!!
    -If you’re not doing anything you’re not helping, so get off your butt and help I don’t care if it’s hot/ cold or don’t you want to get wet. Doing this can equal no invite back!!

On the Water
    • Do not let the ski, or wakeboard, touch anything but the floor, platform or rack
    • NO sliding anything over the gunwale (side of the boat)
    • Nothing touches the boat but bare hands or feet
    • Drip dry with a towel on the swim platform before climbing into the boat
    • Please do not stand, or step on the seats
    • Please sit on the rear storage deck, lift your legs and spin around into the boat
    • Let me pull the rope in when the rider is done

I know there are times breaking some rules can't be avoided, but these things expensive to repair! So just avoid it if at all possible

Thank you

If anyone breaks any of these rules or has a bad attitude they go straight to the tube for an adjustment…..
    Never Assume Anything, You will be Wrong.

Boat
    2016 Tige Z3 w/ Taps 3 2006 Tige 24Ve' w/ Go Surf Assist
    MoneyPit-That is the best set of what where once unwritten rules. Thanks for taking the time to write them down. If I may add a few rules:

When Doing Water Sports:
    - Capitan has the first run, on the best water in the morning.
    - First timers and those new to riding are second in the water with no time limit.
    - Experienced Riders have 15 min sessions so everyone gets a session on good water
    - There are only select people that drive my boat, if you were not asked to drive then help the driver spot boats.

Music:
    - If you don't like my music then plug in your own during your session, if you didn't bring any music then you will enjoy my free music.

I should print this out and have everyone new on my boat sign it.

@D&P Powell....you should read this, memorize it, print it out so you don't forget. NO FLAMIN' HOT CHEETOS, and LEAVE THE FISHING POLE AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Boat
    16 Z1, 12 RZR, 08 Z1
    Agree.
    The beauty of other boat owners, they know the rules. Inviting other boat owners on the boat is a breath of fresh air.
    I know for totally new boat riders, this is all overwhelming at face value.

I can not stand crackers, orange Cheetos and people using careless aerosol sun screen or too much sun lotion before getting into the boat. I find most people just need to know up front what to expect and help out ahead of time. Fuel is usually on me for the first invite, after that they are expected to pitch in or that will be their last time out with us.

Front1.jpg

Gas1.jpg

Gas2.jpg

Gas3.jpg
    Nick
    Dayton, Ohio

Boat
    2009 Tige 22ve
    I had that sticker on my last boat.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boat
    landlubber for now :(
    Quote Originally Posted by Thegerman618 View Post
    Music:
    - If you don't like my music then plug in your own during your session, if you didn't bring any music then you will enjoy my free music.
    man, wish I would have known this last summer. I would have brought my own instead of that horrid screaching that I think you called country music
    I do feel honored tho that I did get the first pull of the day at mead..

I have only a few basic rules. no shoes, no spray sunscreen, no red food and no red drink. amazing how many people stare at me funny when I tell them this and yet when they show up and see a well kept boat, most get it.
    agree on the gas thing in that first time is on me. after that, pay up. I do have a couple of guys that I boat with that also have towboats and do not expect anything from them as we swap pulls over the course of the summer. almost everyone I seem to spend any time with on the water understands the cost to run a boat and offers up money.

oh ya. no animals of any kind and some will flame me for this but I do try and stay away from inviting those with small kids.

Boat
    Previously 2004 22i, Now 2014 Z1
    Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    I would have brought my own instead of that horrid screaching that I think you called country music
    I have felt your the pain sir!!!

Boat
    2018 Rzx2
    No chips of any kind.... that one should really be adhered too...... Ive had some incidents or should I say an incident in the last year.

Boat
    2016, 2015 G23, Malibu 247, X45, 2005 24V, 2002 21V
    I agree with most of that except I get to play my own music unless I am feeling generous enough to let someone else play theirs. I also reserve the right to revoke said privilege any time I feel like it.

I also pay for gas the first time I invite someone and don't think much about it. If they chip in, that is great, but for first timers, just helping wipe down and being courteous is about all that I expect. After all, I invited them because I like their company and love to introduce people to something I really enjoy. If they invite themselves, I expect some pay.
    Be excellent to one another.

Boat
    2002 20i, 2017 Supreme 202
    We have the same rules and most people abide by them those that don't swim to shore......lol. I obviously need to get tougher as I never ask for money. I guess I agree with above other then my family we always have invited guests so don't feel right asking them. My brother has beat me to the marina till a couple of times.

Boat
    Used to roll a major gangsta lean 24Ve; now a ballasted to the hills MB F24 with GoSurfAssist
    Good gravy my boat is a zoo compared to you crotchety old guys! LOL! I have discovered that almost anything can be cleaned up--so we are pretty loose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Boat
    2008 RZ4
    I have this in my boat behind my seat

IMG_3519.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by dakota4ce View Post
    Good gravy my boat is a zoo compared to you crotchety old guys! LOL! I have discovered that almost anything can be cleaned up--so we are pretty loose.

Lol I was thinking the same thing......I have a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old, and another on the way.....These "rules" literally eliminated practically every snack they could have.....I guess I should have waited to buy the boat until they were teenagers haha

Boat
    Used to roll a major gangsta lean 24Ve; now a ballasted to the hills MB F24 with GoSurfAssist
    Quote Originally Posted by BurnMac42 View Post
    Lol I was thinking the same thing......I have a 4 yr old, a 2 yr old, and another on the way.....These "rules" literally eliminated practically every snack they could have.....I guess I should have waited to buy the boat until they were teenagers haha
    12-8-6-2 yo kids and been boating solid for 7 years, so I hear ya man! Screaming passengers or some crumbs? I choose "crumbs". And, well, I might eat a chip or 2....

I have literally taken my carpet out and to the car wash before. Works great!

Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Boat
    2000 21V
    Quote Originally Posted by giers View Post
    I obviously need to get tougher as I never ask for money. I guess I agree with above other then my family we always have invited guests so don't feel right asking them.
    I feel the same. I never ask, and will never ask. Most of the time when people offer money to me, I turn it down. I invited them to come because we enjoy their company, not because I need help paying for my hobbie. Plus, we were headed to the lake anyways. How much more fuel did we burn because we invite people? The more people in the boat, the less ballast I have to use. It all equals out. I even supply all the drinks and food. Mostly I do this so I can control what goes in the boat, without having to supply guests with a list of rules. Now we did have an incident one time with lunchables with BBQ sauce. That was bad.

The last thing I want to do is invite guests and then make them feel so nervous/scared about the boat that they have no fun, then feel obligated to give me money for it. That's dumb.

Boat
    2009 24Ve w/ AutoWake, WakeTouch, and Ultra-Ballast
    Add to your list of prohibited items: BOBBY PINS!!!!

Those nasty little suckers have a way of falling out of girl's hair, between the seat cushions, and hiding in crevices. Water naturally gets in there, they rust, and stain everything they touch. Fabric, gelcoat, everything. You have to work HARD to get the rust stains off. Even when you look for them they're hard to spot since they're skinny and dark... but eventually they reveal themselves by the spreading rust stains. GRRRRRR.