Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Are there any slalom skiers that use Tige Boats???

Boat
    2013 R20 with the VX
    They had one or two DDs they were building at the factory when I visited in '13. From what I remember he said they were primarily building them for a small Japanese market. You may be able to still request one, or maybe not.

Boat
    18-G23 prev 15-Z3, 07 22ve 01 20i
    I wonder if it is something you can special order. I was just at the factory but didn't ask. I'm sure it is one of those things that was dropped when surfing became more of a money market for them like most boat mfgs. It looks like the RZ4 will be the next boat dropped as sales aren't that great on them anymore also.

Boat
    1997 2150
    Quote Originally Posted by chpthril View Post
    According to a Tige brochure I dug up, 2013 was the last year for a Tige DD.
    Thanks Mike, I would have guessed much earlier than that. "So you're saying there's a chance..."
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Boat
    Tige 2007 21i
    Our Australian importer for Tige has commented to me that you can still order the DD's, but it is a special build. God knows how much extra that would be.
    If it were true, I would love to order a new 21i, fit it out with all the latest including under floor ballast, etc.
    Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

Boat
    Back in the good ol' days a 2006 22ve
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamAllen View Post
    Thanks Mike, I would have guessed much earlier than that. "So you're saying there's a chance..."
    i thought the same, even after looking at the model specs page oh here. I googled tige brochure and found copies and they indicate a DD up to 2013.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Boat
    20i
    Thanks for the reply's guys, I want something that can do everything from slalom to surf, guess its just a matter of testing out a few boats to find the perfect one.

Boat
    Missing my 05 24V
    If anyone is interested in a 2013 20i, please PM me! It's white/black/blue with only 70 hours and in near new condition!

Boat
    22i
    From my understanding, you can still order the direct drives.

Back in the days I skied behind a 20V I a lmost bought. It had a great wake with a minimal prop wash hump. I prefer V drives over dd mainly for cockpit space and better ride in the chop.
    Last edited by CameroNut; 03-10-2015 at 09:43 PM.
    Taxman got all the money :(

10. I bought a R20 in 2014. 95% of my activity is slalom skiing. My kids & their friends are 80% wakeboarding & surfing, with 20% allocated to tubing. The wake is pretty good for slalom, though not as good as my wife's 1981 16' Glastron with an 85hp Evinrude or a friends 1990's vintage DD Malibu. I ski with one section off the rope, which really made a difference crossing the wake. I've been skiing with TAPS at 1, but will try TAPS 2 in a couple of weeks once the water temps rise out of the 30's. The salesman who sold me the R20 mentioned a few weeks ago that he thought that boat was the best of the Tige lineup for slalom. Newer versions have 3 trim tabs, which might make an even flatter wake possible.

Boat
    2017 RZX3, 2013 MB F24, 2000 21V
    I really want to try slalom. Never done it before.

Boat
    2005 Tige 22i
    I may be wrong, but TAPS 3 is for surfing and will not work at slalom speeds. Some ballast in the front can help soften the wake to make the wake to wake cuts easier.