Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: center pylon on 2000 21v

Odd question, but what is your definition of a big wrench?? IF its truly big enough you will twist the head off of said bolts. I know you don't want that to happen but at that point you can grind it flat, center punch it, and drill it out. You may not be generating enough breakaway torque. If you are using an end wrench it's not big enough. If you are using a socket and a breaker bar you are getting closer, but put a cheater on it.
    If you are that determined to remove these bolts. Otherwise just be happy that pylon is tenting cover a bit. Without seeing your cover I can't make definitive statements, but really just pay for either a Hangtyte, or reinforcement and tent pole forward of pylon so cover shedd water properly and you won't care about the pylon.
    Most properly tented covers will never touch the pylon
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 11-21-2017 at 03:32 AM.

Boat
    2016 Z3
    Ok...show us some pics of the base. You did all 4 bolts right??

3. update: finally got with tige, Justin, who suggested removing the black rack the pylon sits in. it's secured by 4 bolts which I removed but it's too heavy for me so ordered a block and tackle to hang from boathouse rafter and will lift from boat. once removed, can really do some hammering with wooden plug at bottom of rack, bottom of pylon, to get it out.