View RSS Feed

Travshearer

How much ballast is to much

Rate this Entry
I bought a 07 tige 24ve last year and love it this year I'm just getting into wake surfing and finally getting it tuned in for a great wake to surf on . I wanted to keep it as original as I can, it does have the factory ballast system . So I currently have the 2 -300 pound factory tanks in the back I also have 2 -750 pound sacs in the lockers and I have 2-370 pound sacks in the side seats and the 300 pound factory in the front . I actually took the sacks out of the side seats and placed one on the rear seat and 1 on middle of the floor and started using a wake shaper that i made that suctions on the side of the boat and I fill everything up on the boat I definitely get a lot more push and speed with this set up instead of loading one side of the boat ,so I roughly have about 3000 pounds of ballast and I run at 11.5 mph and taps at 5.5 . My question is do you think I could or should add more ballast to the boat to make the wake even better or just keep it where it is at I don't want to over do it and add to much ballast but if there is any room for improvement I definitely want to do it im addicted now .Any Advice you would have would be greatly appreciated . I attached a pic of me surfing last weekend and there was only 2 adults and 2 -50 pound kids in the boat at the time i was surfing.
Attached Thumbnails Attached Images  

Submit "How much ballast is to much" to Digg Submit "How much ballast is to much" to del.icio.us Submit "How much ballast is to much" to StumbleUpon Submit "How much ballast is to much" to Google

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments

Looks good now.