PDA

View Full Version : Good/Bad night

Timmy!
08-09-2007, 04:59 PM
Went out for a couple of hours last night. When we got there a storm was just moving through so we had to wait that out for a few minutes. once that cleared there was still some wind so we had light chop and surfed for awhile and then the wind died down, the clouds moved out and the water was absolutely perfect!!!:cool:

My buddy rode first and then I got out there. The sun was setting behind the mountains and the board was whistling on the glass and then....the boat started hesitating, we were running low on gas! DOH! DOH! DOH! I knew I was pushing it, we had 10 hours on the tank but a lot of it was surfing and slow cruising teaching n00bs over the weekend. Luckily we were able to make it back to the dock and get it on the trailer but it was just my luck that the absolutely best night we have had this summer had to end this way. Now if I would have put gas in it, we would have had crappy water the whole night, tubers flying at us from all directions and rain and lightning. You win some, you lose some!
:(

G-MONEY
08-09-2007, 05:04 PM
SO TRUE

da.bell
08-09-2007, 05:08 PM
That sounded like a no lose situation. Best that you didn't fill up... :D :D :D

dogbert
08-09-2007, 05:09 PM
I usually fill up on my way back from the lake. That way when moments like this present themselves, we're ready to go. In fact, the whole boat is pretty well ready to launch in just a couple of minutes. I got my kids trained to do most of the work now, so it's kinda like watching an Indy pit crew at work. I haven't gotten the stop watch out yet, but they'd probably mutiny if I did. :eek:

Timmy!
08-09-2007, 05:17 PM
I usually fill up when I go and retrieve the boat from storage but I picked it up at 7:30am yesterday and was running late to work so I couldn't stop. I have my "crew" trained as well, < 5 minutes to pull the cover, undo the hooks, straps, load coolers, towels, etc with 6 people. I feel like we are very efficient!

da.bell
08-09-2007, 05:22 PM
I got the cleaning of my boat to under 40 minutes after we are done... But those are good numbers that all of you have... I guess I have to get better. :D

Original Wing Nut
08-09-2007, 05:56 PM
I usually fill up on my way back from the lake. That way when moments like this present themselves, we're ready to go. In fact, the whole boat is pretty well ready to launch in just a couple of minutes. I got my kids trained to do most of the work now, so it's kinda like watching an Indy pit crew at work. I haven't gotten the stop watch out yet, but they'd probably mutiny if I did. :eek:

I like the pit crew theory. We had someone out with us Saturday that just stood back and said I would help, but I would just be in the way of progress. We each have designated rolls and can fly through getting launched and retrieved. Saturday we loaded in half the time on the ramp and had the boat duckied down and polished by the time the rig in front of us on the ramp had retrieved and made it to the parking area. Kids/Slaves are great to own. ( At least they get to play between the work:D )

Also it takes just as much gas on the way home from the lake as it does on the way to the lake. We always top off on the way home.

Timmy!
08-09-2007, 06:02 PM
Sounds just like us! It took some practice to get the cleaning of the boat down to 10 minutes, but man do I love my crew! We went out this past weekend minus our normal crew and spent an hour in the parking lot after pulling the boat out, I was frustrated to say the least. Let's just say it was the "Timmy show" since the other's didn't help in the least bit, even after riding around on our boat for 3 days and pulling the kids on the tube, wakeboarding and teaching them how to surf for FREE (broke mofo's).

That invite has been un-extended! :D I'm cool taking kids out and not donating to the gas fund if times are tough as long as you help out some, but I wasn't happy being completely taken advantage of.

wakeboarder247
08-09-2007, 06:04 PM
Sounds just like us! It took some practice to get the cleaning of the boat down to 10 minutes, but man do I love my crew! We went out this past weekend minus our normal crew and spent an hour in the parking lot after pulling the boat out, I was frustrated to say the least. Let's just say it was the "Timmy show" since the other's didn't help in the least bit, even after riding around on our boat for 3 days and pulling the kids on the tube, wakeboarding and teaching them how to surf for FREE (broke mofo's).

That invite has been un-extended! :D I'm cool taking kids out and not donating to the gas fund if times are tough as long as you help out some, but I wasn't happy being completely taken advantage of.

Ya that's :bs:

Timmy!
08-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Worst part - I missed the Tige owner's reunion for this trip!

da.bell
08-09-2007, 06:25 PM
That sucks even more.....

five o'clock
08-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Sounds like it would have been a perfect night if you had a couple more gallons of gas. Where were you guys at?

Just out of curiousity where do you store your boat? I remember at the beggining of the season you were looking for somewhere up north.

Timmy!
08-09-2007, 06:51 PM
We were at Boyd lake last night. I store my boat down in Denver still.

dogbert
08-09-2007, 07:38 PM

We're done in 10 minutes also. That's a complete wipe-down of all cushions, duckied exterior and windows and all the wet gear/boards stowed in the back of my pickup.

As for your deadbeat friends, I just wouldn't re-invite them.

yllw20
08-09-2007, 07:59 PM
totally agree on the un-invite.
---
Here's one how about the person who doesnt take off the shoes before getting in the boat.
My wife told a friend of a friend not to come back if they plan on wearing their shoes getting in the boat again.....:ro:

dogbert
08-09-2007, 08:04 PM
Ouch! I have a couple of cushion tears as a result of shoes and people who are careless with their boards. The one who nicked the cushion with their board then proceeded to tell us "I guess I'm not used to worrying about the cushions since our boat's cushions are so trashed." I bit my tongue and just politely asked him to be more careful next time. My kids haven't invited him back and still complain about the damage he caused :ro:

da.bell
08-09-2007, 09:16 PM
totally agree on the un-invite.
---
Here's one how about the person who doesnt take off the shoes before getting in the boat.
My wife told a friend of a friend not to come back if they plan on wearing their shoes getting in the boat again.....:ro:

Now that is awesome. It is amazing how people that do not own boats go about boating with you... It's just that times you have to tell them or remind them to do things....

Timmy!, you should have handed your friends a towel and said "I'll spray and you wipe off!" How is that for a hint?????????

bsnook212
08-10-2007, 01:59 PM
I am to the point where the only people on my boat, is my family. I had some friends out this last Tue. I asked them to put their sunscreen on before they got into the boat. Next think I know they are spraying them selves down and get that oily sh*t all over the seats! It took me 1 hour to clean the over spray off the seats! They will not get a second invite.

Original Wing Nut
08-10-2007, 02:11 PM
I am to the point where the only people on my boat, is my family. I had some friends out this last Tue. I asked them to put their sunscreen on before they got into the boat. Next think I know they are spraying them selves down and get that oily sh*t all over the seats! It took me 1 hour to clean the over spray off the seats! They will not get a second invite.

The worst is the new aerosole spray, that stuff has been banned on our boat. I had someone have their kid stand right in the middle of the boat and say arms up, I caught them in time to offer them some of the lotion type. I also asked that when done applying would they sit on a towell.

On the wipe down subject I have about 8 or so wipe down towells and kick everone but my daughter out of the boat, we go to work and hand them a towell, most people can figure out what to do with it.

We have a tote that is labled garbage, it's crazy I have people stuff garbage between the tote and boat. How hard is it to lift the lid:mad:
http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2901&highlight=shared+ideas

bsnook212
08-10-2007, 04:30 PM
Wing nut,

It was the aerosol spray that they used! That stuff gets all over:mad: That is a good idea to have a tote for garbage. The other thing my friends(there were 4 of them) did was open 8 bottles of h20 and only drank half! From my first post earlier today the same 4 friends call and asked if we were going to be at the lake this weekend. I told them NO! But of course we will be out there.

ragboy
08-10-2007, 04:43 PM

I do the same thing, even when we get off the lake at 10pm, I fill it up. And I don't do ANYTHING anymore except drive. The kids just jump to their jobs, and its awesome. People always say, "Now we see why you had all those kids!". Its pretty funny.

da.bell
08-10-2007, 04:45 PM
Well when you are housing an army of children, you have a lot of tasks that you can assign to them when you are the 4-star general. :D :D

Three out of the five are at that age in my house. so we have to assign jobs to have them watch the younger ones.... In time that will change. :D

ragboy
08-10-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes, I am a general, you have to be with 6 kids, or you will go nuts. I feel like this year, we are really reaping the benefits of the things we have done over the years. The teaching and training. And all of the craziness going through the foster system and adoptions. 2 years ago, we were almost confined to the house, it was tough.

da.bell
08-10-2007, 04:55 PM
Sounds like it. We have 5 boys that tend to be very good at times. Anyways, I have other questions for you now... PM will be sent in a few...

ragboy
08-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I am about to head out to get my lights installed, and other errands. You can email me at rgarcia-at-bighead-dot-net.