PDA

View Full Version : Our stereo is too loud... HAHAHA

TrakDay
06-04-2007, 06:36 PM
Well my friends and I went out to Shell Island for the Sunday before Memorial day. We got about 5 warnings for our stereo before they finally tried to just tow us out of the party area. Since we got the new stereo on the boat we have gotten 9 warnings for music. I guess 4 tower cans and 4 tweeters along with the interior speakers/sub and amps is a little too loud for some people. But man does it sound good... Especially since it is crystal clear when we are wakeboarding.

So for anyone considering 4 tower speakers instead of just 2... I say go for it!

da.bell
06-04-2007, 07:32 PM
TrakDay, what are running in your boat? 4 can's but are they Polks'?????

On another note, you are luck to get warnings, especially that many. :D

Kimmer322
06-04-2007, 07:40 PM
Was Fortes working on this boat this past week?? I was there and he was working on the sound system on a boat that looks like this yours. Dom really knows his stuff!

TrakDay
06-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Was Fortes working on this boat this past week?? I was there and he was working on the sound system on a boat that looks like this yours. Dom really knows his stuff!

Yes it is the same boat. The black and green 20v is ours.

We are running the Kicker speakers in the Tige cans. So it all matches and whatnot. Only problem is the speakers loosen themselves because of the rough waters around here. We took all 4 off to redo them, and lets hope they dont loosen!

Yeah... The cops around here are generally pretty cool. But I didnt even know we had gotten a bunch of warnings all in that one day. He finally asked for the owner of the boat and I went up there and he told me that he had warned people on my boat about the music numerous times already. I simply told him that no one mentioned it to me and if they had I would have gladly turned it down to avoid a ticket.

Our stereo:
4 Tige Cans with Kicker speakers and tweeters
4 Kicker component sets inside the boat
1 10" Kicker Subwoofer
2 Kicker Amps
An extra battery
Ipod docking station

Domsz06
06-04-2007, 08:24 PM
Yes it is the same boat. The black and green 20v is ours.

We are running the Kicker speakers in the Tige cans. So it all matches and whatnot. Only problem is the speakers loosen themselves because of the rough waters around here. We took all 4 off to redo them, and lets hope they dont loosen!

Yeah... The cops around here are generally pretty cool. But I didnt even know we had gotten a bunch of warnings all in that one day. He finally asked for the owner of the boat and I went up there and he told me that he had warned people on my boat about the music numerous times already. I simply told him that no one mentioned it to me and if they had I would have gladly turned it down to avoid a ticket.

Our stereo:
4 Tige Cans with Kicker speakers and tweeters
4 Kicker component sets inside the boat
1 10" Kicker Subwoofer
2 Kicker Amps
An extra battery
Ipod docking station

mental note to self, never go anywhere near your lake, as I wouldn't even get into the water without gettting a ticket.

G-MONEY
06-04-2007, 09:03 PM
You were in the party area getting warnings for loud music:confused:

That's a lame party area if you can't have loud music!!! :02:

Domsz06
06-04-2007, 09:04 PM
amen g-money!

G-MONEY
06-04-2007, 09:10 PM
I'm all for some peace and quiet out on the lake some times and respecting your neighbors, but if you go to a party cove all bets are off. If you don't like it leave. Warnings for loud music in a party cove is just crazy....

TrakDay you need to come out west so you can enjoy your system in peace!!!

Domsz06
06-04-2007, 09:11 PM
amen g-money. i'm so in the same page you are.

TrakDay
06-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Yeah... I can honestly say all the warnings have not kept me from blasting my music the next time I go out. I am on the open water fellas... no lake for me. Oh I forgot to mention the police video taped my boat as well as my buddies boat that we were tied up to all day. They are trying to shut down the area we go to party so they had like 4 cops on each boat enforcing any law they could on any person. Oh well you win some and lose some. Im not worried about it, we had an awesome time.

And Dom I hear you about not even getting into the water. I turn my stereo on when I get in my boat to prep for the launch... LOL

Domsz06
06-04-2007, 09:56 PM
yeah so do I trak. fingers crossed no issues yet.:) :ro:

da.bell
06-04-2007, 09:58 PM
yeah so do I trak. fingers crossed no issues yet.:) :ro:

But you don't even have your stereo working yet.... :D :D :D :D Okay, working again to see the tickets. :D

Domsz06
06-04-2007, 10:00 PM
i'm just installing one amp tonight, then time to wire, i'll have some tunes this weekend for sure.

G-MONEY
06-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Yeah.. the police video taped my boat as well as my buddies boat that we were tied up to all day. They are trying to shut down the area we go to party so they had like 4 cops on each boat enforcing any law they could on any person. Oh well you win some and lose some. LOL

The MAN trying to hold us down...

That's how it is at copper canyon the cops just let everyone get drunk all day and watch you and as soon as get ready to leave the cove they jump all over you with every boating law with they can find. They try to stop every boat the leaves. That is why you need to make friends with them during the day and offer food and water and tell them who you DD is so they don't stop you on the way out... That what we did and we had no problems..

Domsz06
06-04-2007, 10:10 PM
good to know g-money. I'll remember that when I'm there.

mtnsmith
06-11-2007, 04:01 AM
I get the regular thumbs down at Shell too about the stereo. My two friends with pretty loud stereos and I all link our boats together through the inputs so we get pretty loud sometimes. They are pretty cool and since we was at the last meeting that they had about shutting down Shell now I am on the sherrif's good side. Plus I offer a burger to them every time they cruise by the boat and there's some fresh ones on the grill. I'll let you know about the next meeting so we can fight to keep Shell open.

Domsz06
06-11-2007, 03:04 PM
see mine always starts quite, and as the drunkness runs, so does the stereo going up:) But I also try and take one end or the other, that way the people that go out of their way to tie up beside me,well they know what they are doing, as I'm already there, and bumping my tunes:)

CP3
06-11-2007, 03:42 PM
How is it you link the systems?

Domsz06
06-11-2007, 03:53 PM
easy, split the output off the ipod, using RCA's Then just plug those outputs into the new inputs. I have it for mine:)

mtnsmith
06-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Exactly, then we run the cords up high from tower to tower so we don't strangle anyone.

CP3
06-12-2007, 05:18 AM
Im going to try that next time