PDA

View Full Version : I "heard" DD sales are down.......

lba_dillon
01-29-2007, 03:23 PM
I hope the plug doesn't get pulled on the 20 or 21i!!!!!!!!!!! I would be screwed @ the current lake I live b/c those are the only two Tige's allowed on the lake!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone hear any different?

mtnsmith
01-29-2007, 04:05 PM
Isn't the 20i their only certified three event boat??? I think it would be crazy for them to kill the boats. I could be wrong on the certified part, but I remember that from a post a little bit ago.

lba_dillon
01-29-2007, 05:06 PM
Isn't the 20i their only certified three event boat??? I think it would be crazy for them to kill the boats. I could be wrong on the certified part, but I remember that from a post a little bit ago.

Not sure of the certification part on the 20i.......But I know that alot of people want more of a x-over boat and the 20i does a pretty good job and the 21i isn't a slouch either. I mean I definitely understand that most sales are going to be with the "V" market........and if my lake wasn't so damn prudish I would probably be driving a 22 or 24V!!!!!!! BUT with our community they way they are we make due with what we can.......and that puts me in a 21i! Which I am not complaining b/c I think that it is probably the best 21i DD on the market for the primary task of wakeboarding.......

Who knows..........just wanted to put this out and see if anyone else had any insight or input on the matter......... Thanks

b/w05
01-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Just curious, Why don't they allow V drives & 22+ft boats on your lake? Is it because of the wake size?

lba_dillon
01-29-2007, 06:50 PM
Just curious, Why don't they allow V drives & 22+ft boats on your lake? Is it because of the wake size?

Pretty much.............The long standing rules were for I/O's and OB's only!!! And with that being said only a 140hp and below for an I/O and 90 for an OB

21ft. and below for all runabouts and pontoons.....and for almost 10 years now they have allowed DD ski boats. Now the length issue wasn't the biggest thing we complained about.........BUT I would like to have a V drive if @ all possible... I am not sure how much better/worse a 20V would be versuses my 21i......I know it's about a ft shorter and 6 inches narrower.......SO who knows.....

Our lake is only about 150-175 acres! Not big by any means........ Our community has approx. 1000 lots in it but surprisingly enough the lake is never "THAT" crowded... There are alot of older people who live there and unfortunately they are causing alot of the issues saying that our boats are causing the all the issues with the seawalls and stuff like that.......which I think is all crap! It's the people running around out there in their boats just running @ 12mph with the trim up putting around the outside! They are putting out as big if not bigger rollers then we are! So one of the lakefront retired fella's put a letter up to our Board of Directors b!tchin about the wake/ski boats..........so hopefully that will be getting squashed back down here in a few weeks!!!!! If not this battle is going to get mightly bloody!!!! :mad:

NICKYPOO
01-29-2007, 07:02 PM
I would think the the D-drive sales are down for Tige because they haven't done anything with them in how many years now, 5, 6...? The 22i is either a love it or hate it design. The last new thing on a 21i was the "skybox" seating which is weak at best. I have the original "skybox" seating that involves the base and the back being reversed which is a far surperior, albeit much more involved, than just flipping the seat base around. With other builders doing all sorts of variations of D-drive layouts, Tige has stagnated itself right out of the market. So what does Tige need to regain a foothold in the D-drive market? RZ2i, RZ2i, RZ2i!

lba_dillon
01-29-2007, 07:07 PM
I would think the the D-drive sales are down for Tige because they haven't done anything with them in how many years now, 5, 6...? The 22i is either a love it or hate it design. The last new thing on a 21i was the "skybox" seating which is weak at best. I have the original "skybox" seating that involves the base and the back being reversed which is a far surperior, albeit much more involved, than just flipping the seat base around. With other builders doing all sorts of variations of D-drive layouts, Tige has stagnated itself right out of the market. So what does Tige need to regain a foothold in the D-drive market? RZ2i, RZ2i, RZ2i!

I definitely agree with you................I know the basic form of the 21i hasn't changed since @ least '01 or '02.......... It's a great platform but there are so many more things that they could do with it. I like what Malibu has done with their Xti series....... I think the layout LOOKS awesome! I have never seen one in person so I can't speak for it that way. But I know if our dealer would not have been a Tige dealer I would probably be driving a 21Xti just for the layout alone. But also I did hear from my dealer that an RZi is in the VERY VERY early stages! I mean you hit the nail on the head.....they need to revamp something.......and FAST! :eek:

ps- I think the 22i layout is AWESOME!

NICKYPOO
01-29-2007, 08:29 PM
I have been in the 23XTi on the water and thought it was really nice as far as the layout is concerned. Not to say that it couldn't be improved upon, but it's nice to see that somebody is doing something with D-drives. My uncle has a new 21XTi that I have yet to go for a ride in, but it is really nice as well. I'm hoping the 247 version will be at the boat show this year for my inspection.;) Sanger has their D215 now and of coarse MC has the "Fish Fork". Svara also puts out a nice D-drive wakeboat as well, but an RZi could potentially squash them all. God bless Tige for creating the current form of the 22i when it looked like the D-drive was about to be phased out, but I have never liked the lay out. I'm praying they won't do the same to an RZ. Are you listening Tige? I know you usually are.

zad0030
01-29-2007, 10:05 PM
One company that has really lost sight of the DD is Supra. They have been phasing out DD for the last couple years. Now they are making their only tournament ski boat into a more multi - 3 event boat. And I HATE that seat behind the driver!!!

rushin
01-29-2007, 10:20 PM
God bless Tige for creating the current form of the 22i when it looked like the D-drive was about to be phased out, but I have

I argee, I never liked the DD until I saw the layout of the 22i.

And the 21i, not an option.

Domsz06
01-29-2007, 11:06 PM
how is the 21i not an option?

rushin
01-30-2007, 04:38 PM
how is the 21i not an option?

I did not like the layout as compared to the 22i

And the wife had a hard time moving the seat around in the back:D

Domsz06
01-30-2007, 08:49 PM
oh i see, makes things interesting. I have never seen the 22, so nothing to compare it with.

lba_dillon
01-31-2007, 04:59 PM
I have been in the 23XTi on the water and thought it was really nice as far as the layout is concerned. Not to say that it couldn't be improved upon, but it's nice to see that somebody is doing something with D-drives. My uncle has a new 21XTi that I have yet to go for a ride in, but it is really nice as well. I'm hoping the 247 version will be at the boat show this year for my inspection.;) Sanger has their D215 now and of coarse MC has the "Fish Fork". Svara also puts out a nice D-drive wakeboat as well, but an RZi could potentially squash them all. God bless Tige for creating the current form of the 22i when it looked like the D-drive was about to be phased out, but I have never liked the lay out. I'm praying they won't do the same to an RZ. Are you listening Tige? I know you usually are.

I have yet to even see an XTi on the water!!!! I would think that 23 would have tons of room but perhaps the 21 would be a little tight. I understand that you would probably lose alot of storage doing something like that b/c of the fact that Tige has such a nice sized area in the back behind the rear seat. BUT I think the change in seating would be a nice change of pace and maybe get some added excitement to the DD lineup! Maybe that is something they could do with the RZi layout..........or perhaps offer a traditional layout and a "rear wraparound" layout as well! WHO KNOWS! But I think the 22i layout is really nice to look @ but I've never been "on" one in the water!!! Looks like it would work well!

Tequilasun
01-31-2007, 05:10 PM
huh, I thought the "i" series was extinct.....who knew :D

lba_dillon
01-31-2007, 05:19 PM
huh, I thought the "i" series was extinct.....who knew :D

DOOM ON YOU.......DOOM ON YOU........ We're still alive!!!! Can't we all just get along??????? :D

Domsz06
01-31-2007, 10:03 PM
i'll be nice;)

NICKYPOO
01-31-2007, 10:20 PM
i'll be nice;)

Whaaaaaat! Tequila is just pissed he got rid of his and now he's stuck with a VD.

Tequilasun
02-01-2007, 02:33 AM
Whaaaaaat! Tequila is just pissed he got rid of his and now he's stuck with a VD.

Man I hope it's just the clap.

Penicillin will take care of that.

No spiroketes please.... :eek:

lba_dillon
02-01-2007, 12:36 PM

Yeah I'll take my DD over VD anyday!!!!!! I can't wait to get back on the water..........driving past my boat all shrink wrapped with snow on it is making me sad!!! :(

Domsz06
02-01-2007, 03:06 PM
I would be sad to see mine in shrink wrap. It's bad enough seeing mine under the cover.

lba_dillon
02-01-2007, 03:15 PM
I would be sad to see mine in shrink wrap. It's bad enough seeing mine under the cover.

Yeah it sucks.........We have to pass the marina every day to get to our house and my son *3 year old* always says there's our boat and he waves to it! It is pretty funny b/c he gets as excited as I do about getting it back out!!!!!!!!!! yeah don't get me wrong I like the change of seasons and "IF" we get snow here I don't mind the cold.........but I'm always looking forward to late March/early April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Domsz06
02-01-2007, 03:16 PM
yeah I hear you. I think we will start going again here in late feb. I was told that the lake we tend to go to is so packed after april it's not even worth going to except after work. Sucks for me:(

lba_dillon
02-01-2007, 03:23 PM
yeah I hear you. I think we will start going again here in late feb. I was told that the lake we tend to go to is so packed after april it's not even worth going to except after work. Sucks for me:(

WOW, I didn't even realize you guys were ever off the lake!! I thought you were year round out in CA. But that shows my ignorance b/c I don't even know where Bakersfield is "in" the state!!!

I can now understand why most of the pros live in the FL!!!! YEAR round wakeboarding and TONS of lakes for it! I just have to admit I am NOT a fan of the possibility of alligators swiming with me!

mtnsmith
02-01-2007, 03:51 PM
I can now understand why most of the pros live in the FL!!!! YEAR round wakeboarding and TONS of lakes for it! I just have to admit I am NOT a fan of the possibility of alligators swiming with me!

Yeah, that's not too fun, especially near dusk(feeding time) We go in the salt water most the time though and when we start our thursday after work boarding in March, once daylight savings changes, then we have to make a shark intimidation run before anyone wants to go in the water. But it is pretty cool to have dolphins play in the wake only about 2-3 feet from where you are landing tricks.

Domsz06
02-01-2007, 03:53 PM
i would go more often, but I am the only one with a dry suit, and prefer not to share it. The water is in the 40's right now due to the 12 days of below freezing we had. Still I'd go, but not everyone else does, plus all the people I have gone with are traveling for work. SO that being said it looks like we will start back up again here in a week or two:)

lba_dillon
02-01-2007, 03:56 PM
Yeah, that's not too fun, especially near dusk(feeding time) We go in the salt water most the time though and when we start our thursday after work boarding in March, once daylight savings changes, then we have to make a shark intimidation run before anyone wants to go in the water. But it is pretty cool to have dolphins play in the wake only about 2-3 feet from where you are landing tricks.

DAMN man you are messing with alligators in the lake and then sharks in the gulf!!!! WOW, you guys are definitely motivated NOT to fall! Ever have "ANY" close calls?????????? The dolphins would be cool, but would definitely scare me @ first.......

Do you have the 6.0L with the fresh water washdown????????? AKA Salt Water Package?

sparky216
02-01-2007, 04:49 PM
WOW, I didn't even realize you guys were ever off the lake!! I thought you were year round out in CA. But that shows my ignorance b/c I don't even know where Bakersfield is "in" the state!!!

Bakersfield is between the armpit and the taint, lovely place:eek:

Domsz06
02-01-2007, 05:10 PM
HA HA HA I just called it the armpit, but I like that even better!!:)

lba_dillon
02-01-2007, 05:16 PM
HA HA HA I just called it the armpit, but I like that even better!!:)

Just checked it out on the map..................That can't be THAT bad of a place can it??????????? About what 30-40 minutes outside of LA??????? Of course I am sure by looking @ it on google maps doesn't really justify distance!!!

Oh gotta love anytime the word TAINT is used! One of the funniest words out there! Well that and the term "THE SHOCKER"

sparky216
02-01-2007, 05:22 PM
Just checked it out on the map..................That can't be THAT bad of a place can it??????????? About what 30-40 minutes outside of LA??????? Of course I am sure by looking @ it on google maps doesn't really justify distance!!!

Oh gotta love anytime the word TAINT is used! One of the funniest words out there! Well that and the term "THE SHOCKER"

Over an hour away, and yea it's THAT BAD, although it's gotten considerably better over the last 3-5 years with the influx of people from the Bay Area, LA, and San Diego moving to the valley to escape the housing prices. I work a lot in the Valley and it's moving forward but you'll never get rid of the fricking heat in the summer, the smog, imigrants, farms as far as the eye can see, and the stigma of being Bakersfield.
I too enjoy the casual use of Taint, just rolls off the tounge, not literaly that is:p

sparky216
02-01-2007, 05:24 PM
So educate me, seeing that I've only ever owned I/O and V drive, what is the major advantage of DD.

lba_dillon
02-01-2007, 05:30 PM
Over an hour away, and yea it's THAT BAD, although it's gotten considerably better over the last 3-5 years with the influx of people from the Bay Area, LA, and San Diego moving to the valley to escape the housing prices. I work a lot in the Valley and it's moving forward but you'll never get rid of the fricking heat in the summer, the smog, imigrants, farms as far as the eye can see, and the stigma of being Bakersfield.
I too enjoy the casual use of Taint, just rolls off the tounge, not literaly that is:p

:D "Rolls off the tongue" HAHAHAHAHHAAA Mental picture is great with that one!!!!!!!!!!

So educate me, seeing that I've only ever owned I/O and V drive, what is the major advantage of DD.

I owned 2 I/O's before buying my 21i and the only reason I bought it............................MY lake only allowed 21ft. or below and if you buy a ski boat it HAS to be a DD! If I had my choice I would be driving a 22Ve. Not that I have a big issue with my boat b/c I LOVE IT! But since we do NO skiing what so ever a V drive would definitely be best for me and my family!........but since we live where we do.....I'll be rockin a DD for the time being! :cool:

Domsz06
02-01-2007, 05:49 PM
um it's not 30-40 to la, unless you call the grape vine la.

Yes it's that bad, not many bars, not many good food places it just sucks!!

NICKYPOO
02-01-2007, 05:53 PM

I don't know how major the advantages are but here are the reasons I like it better in no particular order.

I like spreading my peoples to all corners of the boat. VD's always feel cramped to me. Everybody has to hang out in basically the same spot. I don't like playing footsie with my bros. Instead, the DD has a built in ottoman.

No engine compartment to climb over.

A real pylon to tow from. Most of us ski pretty hard and the little glassed in ones make me nervous.

Generally better handling, although this would be pretty marginal with the new boats.

The ride in the back seat is so damn smooth it will put you to sleep.

The engine cover is great to stand on when doing rope changes on the tower.

Ease of maintenance. Talk about access to the motor.

You can pack more people down the side of the boat for surfing.

There is just something cool about having the motor right next to you when your driving.

Im sure I'll think of some.

Disadvantages

Storage.

Not being able to keep everyone under the bimini. I'm the Captain though so, not my problem.;)

NICKYPOO
02-01-2007, 05:54 PM
um it's not 30-40 to la, unless you call the grape vine la.

Yes it's that bad, not many bars, not many good food places it just sucks!!

You could just bolt over to Taft.:p

sparky216
02-01-2007, 06:08 PM
I don't know how major the advantages are but here are the reasons I like it better in no particular order.

I like spreading my peoples to all corners of the boat. VD's always feel cramped to me. Everybody has to hang out in basically the same spot. I don't like playing footsie with my bros. Instead, the DD has a built in ottoman.

No engine compartment to climb over.

A real pylon to tow from. Most of us ski pretty hard and the little glassed in ones make me nervous.

Generally better handling, although this would be pretty marginal with the new boats.

The ride in the back seat is so damn smooth it will put you to sleep.

The engine cover is great to stand on when doing rope changes on the tower.

Ease of maintenance. Talk about access to the motor.

You can pack more people down the side of the boat for surfing.

There is just something cool about having the motor right next to you when your driving.

Im sure I'll think of some.

Disadvantages

Storage.

Not being able to keep everyone under the bimini. I'm the Captain though so, not my problem.;)

So it's just style as opposed to function. We don't ski, just board and surf.

dogbert
02-01-2007, 06:50 PM

Boy, I leave you guys alone for a minute and see what happens...

mtnsmith
02-01-2007, 07:10 PM
DAMN man you are messing with alligators in the lake and then sharks in the gulf!!!! WOW, you guys are definitely motivated NOT to fall! Ever have "ANY" close calls?????????? The dolphins would be cool, but would definitely scare me @ first.......

Do you have the 6.0L with the fresh water washdown????????? AKA Salt Water Package?

We had one incident where my buddy fell pretty near a gator and usually they just swim the other way, this time however it swam out towards my buddy and about 50 feet from him the gator submerged. We were pretty freaked out so we hauled back to him and yanked him up onto the sunpad. He had no clue what was going on and started trying to hit us thinking we were just playing with him. We went out towards the middle of the lake and looked back and the gator surfaced about ten feet from where Eric was in the water. Usually we are safer in the middle of the lake since the gators don't necessarily like the deep water. It is some motiviation to try to stick every landing for sure.

I have the 5.7 with a flush adapter on it. The Marine Power is a fairly marinized powerplant to begin with. Closed loop cooling would have been nice, but I just flush the heck out of it and keep everything well rinsed with the freshwater shower throughout the day. I love when people complain of maintenance costs and they are in freshwater only...come join the saltwater boaters, then you will know maintenance costs!!!:D

NICKYPOO
02-01-2007, 07:43 PM
Boy, I leave you guys alone for a minute and see what happens...

Hey Dog. Where you been? Yeah, Tequila has been bad. He's been swingin' his VD stick around waiting for someone to bite it off.:eek:

NICKYPOO
02-01-2007, 07:44 PM
So it's just style as opposed to function. We don't ski, just board and surf.

Silly Beaver, function is the style.:D

Tequilasun
02-01-2007, 08:17 PM
Hey Dog. Where you been? Yeah, Tequila has been bad. He's been swingin' his VD stick around waiting for someone to bite it off.:eek:

Been bad??? I wasn't aware that I had ever been good.

NICKYPOO
02-01-2007, 08:21 PM
Been bad??? I wasn't aware that I had ever been good.

Good point.

dogbert
02-01-2007, 11:08 PM
Silly Beaver, function is the style.:D

I think all Beavers are silly!

dogbert
02-01-2007, 11:09 PM

Broke my hand...kinda difficult to type with one hand. Now the inside of my hand looks like a toolbox...guess i'll be on the no-fly list along with Denny Crane!

sparky216
02-01-2007, 11:13 PM
I think all Beavers are silly!

Your gone for 2 months, no phone call, no note and your third post back you choose to pick on a helpless beaver.......I...I....I just don't know what to say you Ogre!!!!

How did you break it, hope it's healing well.

Take Care You Rat Dog!!

my86stanggt
02-01-2007, 11:54 PM
Not often you see taint, VD, and beaver in the same thread. You guys are too much! I like both designs though. I just found my DD cheaper.

zad0030
02-01-2007, 11:55 PM
DD were the original towboats!
There would not be VDs w/o DDs!

Domsz06
02-02-2007, 03:07 AM
wow this thread is going nowhere, and FAST!!

Tequilla your right you never have been good!:D but I won't say anything:)

wannabewakeboarder
02-02-2007, 04:46 AM
wow this thread is going nowhere, and FAST!!

Tequilla your right you never have been good!:D but I won't say anything:)

tige would be off the market for many DD fans w/o DD tige would be nothing:mad:

BAD PLAN TIGE

Domsz06
02-02-2007, 07:06 AM
I agree! :(

dogbert
02-02-2007, 11:56 AM
Your gone for 2 months, no phone call, no note and your third post back you choose to pick on a helpless beaver.......I...I....I just don't know what to say you Ogre!!!!

How did you break it, hope it's healing well.

Take Care You Rat Dog!!

Stop it, you're gonna make me cry.

I slipped on some tile and fell awkwardly.

NICKYPOO
02-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Stop it, you're gonna make me cry.

I slipped on some tile and fell awkwardly.

Like son, like father? Good lord, I feel bad for your wife. You boys are trouble.;)

dogbert
02-02-2007, 04:00 PM
Like son, like father? Good lord, I feel bad for your wife. You boys are trouble.;)

It's bad when you go into the emergency room of a large hospital and you recognize the room you're in...

My wife's pretty cool, she handles adversity pretty well, heck, she married me. I was pretty up front with her when we met, so, while life is always exciting, it's all good. As they like to say down here, she's a keeper. Never gets in the way of me and my toys either.

Damn, now I'm gonna have to send her some flowers or something...startin' to bring tears to me eyes :)

NICKYPOO
02-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Yeah, squirt some tears punk.

She would have to be pretty cool to put up with you. ;) Some flowers would be in order.

Glad to hear you're all right Dude.

dogbert
02-02-2007, 04:20 PM
Yeah, squirt some tears punk.

She would have to be pretty cool to put up with you. ;)

You and I both got lucky on that!

NICKYPOO
02-02-2007, 05:08 PM
You and I both got lucky on that!
Truer words were never spoken.

wannabewakeboarder
02-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Truer words were never spoken.

threadjackers;)

dcsnowwake
02-05-2007, 06:08 PM
hey brandon, one morning, early in the morning, we should drop in the rz2 at heritage and wake everyone up :)

i cant stand the old people around in there. all they do is bitch bitch bitch......those pontoon boats def put up a bigger roller than us, plus all the damn tubbers ride so close to the other docks, there worse.
stupid heritage homeowners crap

lba_dillon
02-06-2007, 04:34 PM
hey brandon, one morning, early in the morning, we should drop in the rz2 at heritage and wake everyone up :)

i cant stand the old people around in there. all they do is bitch bitch bitch......those pontoon boats def put up a bigger roller than us, plus all the damn tubbers ride so close to the other docks, there worse.
stupid heritage homeowners crap

Oh trust me I totally agree with you! I can't stand ANY of the OLD BITTER people there who want to point blame @ anyone who owns an INBOARD boat!!!!!!!!! TOTAL HORSE SH!T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Steve is going to the board meeting on the 13th so hopefully he squashes this before it gets out of hand...........Also something I bought up to him to check into is the fact that on weekends and holidays we can't PULL ANYTHING until 9:00 a.m. BUT you can have 8 of us out there in our INBOARDS racing each other around the lake all we want.........but we better not pull anyone. How f-ing dumb is that rule???????????????????????????????????? So, if they want to create a stink about this...............we're up for the challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your RZ2 would create a hell of a SITE there!!!!!!!!!! BRING HER ON UP!

NICKYPOO
02-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I'm a theadjacker.:rolleyes:

NICKYPOO
02-07-2007, 04:10 PM
Yet another new design. Not to say it couldn't be improved upon, but for the most part, I like it. At least it's another new design for a DD. Opinions please.http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14153

Tequilasun
02-07-2007, 04:17 PM
Yet another new design. Not to say it couldn't be improved upon, but for the most part, I like it. At least it's another new design for a DD. Opinions please.http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=14153
two issues I see with that design.

1) That jump seat sucks. I hate having someone sitting that close behind the driver. And to use it, you are almost going to have to be laying down. Which takes usable seating space in the aft (if you are tall like me)

2. Those corner seats don't leave much room to walk around the motor box. I know you can step over them, but I bet those seats get stepped on/worn out very quickly.

One thing I do like is that cushion/seat area up at the point of the bow. I tend to migrate up there when I am not driving, and I like to photograph or watch the riders facing aft, so that little bit of extra height on that cushion would be nice.

NICKYPOO
02-07-2007, 04:54 PM
two issues I see with that design.

1) That jump seat sucks. I hate having someone sitting that close behind the driver. And to use it, you are almost going to have to be laying down. Which takes usable seating space in the aft (if you are tall like me)

2. Those corner seats don't leave much room to walk around the motor box. I know you can step over them, but I bet those seats get stepped on/worn out very quickly.

One thing I do like is that cushion/seat area up at the point of the bow. I tend to migrate up there when I am not driving, and I like to photograph or watch the riders facing aft, so that little bit of extra height on that cushion would be nice.

It's funny, when me and the wife go and look at boats, the rear facing spot in the bow is the fist place she goes. Neither of us have found a more comfortable bow than ours and we have sat in all of them.

Domsz06
02-07-2007, 05:55 PM
i think that design blows!

mtnsmith
02-07-2007, 07:05 PM
I kinda like the new monster direct drive that malibu is making, the 247 RX. Their powerplants just don't hold-up in the saltwater though. I've seen a couple that look wrecked after just one year. That rules out a Malibu for me.

rushin
02-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Opinions please.http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/sh...ad.php?t=14153
Yesterday 11:25 AM

I kind of like it. Like the 22i, a bit different.

However, the seat back on the right side should be deeper.

dogbert
02-07-2007, 08:32 PM

It looks cramped. Personally, I liked the design of the 22 I/R the best of all DDs.

(Oh yeah, nothing compares to NICKYPOO's Double O) :D

NICKYPOO
02-07-2007, 08:43 PM
It looks cramped. Personally, I liked the design of the 22 I/R the best of all DDs.

(Oh yeah, nothing compares to NICKYPOO's Double O) :D
:D Who says you can't teach an old Dog new tricks?;)

zad0030
02-07-2007, 09:34 PM
Maybe when Mastercraft comes out with a 26 ft DD they could use that but that set up is way too cramped.

Not a big fan of the seats behind the driver.

Access to the starboard side of the motor isn't very accessible.

You can't sit on those seats if someone is slalom skiing anyway, but who loads up their boat on a slalom run.

Not enough room to walk around, set skis, vests, coolers or sit down.

wannabewakeboarder
02-07-2007, 10:32 PM
Maybe when Mastercraft comes out with a 26 ft DD they could use that but that set up is way too cramped.

Not a big fan of the seats behind the driver.

Access to the starboard side of the motor isn't very accessible.

You can't sit on those seats if someone is slalom skiing anyway, but who loads up their boat on a slalom run.

Not enough room to walk around, set skis, vests, coolers or sit down.

the x14 dosent look that bad i would work good if you only have 4 to 7 people

is it made for rec. wake or rec. salom

NICKYPOO
02-08-2007, 04:07 PM
the x14 dosent look that bad i would work good if you only have 4 to 7 people

is it made for rec. wake or rec. salom

I think that is the most rational response you've posted here young man. :cool:

wannabewakeboarder
02-08-2007, 09:29 PM
I think that is the most rational response you've posted here young man. :cool:

y thank u

but is it more of a midrange boat for ski/wake

sparky216
02-08-2007, 11:20 PM
i think that design blows!

Blows??? That is a sharp looking boat, I prefer the BU seating but jesus that is sharp. I'm more of a V-drive kinda guy but I would never say that blows. I agree w/ wannabe that 7 ppl could ride comfortably in that setup, now tell me how much that costs and I'll give you my true feeling:eek:

sparky216
02-08-2007, 11:22 PM
I love how that dude added the second row of cup holders, that is a major flaw to only have 3 cup holders in the rear. I love the lines of that boat and the platform is sick.

T*
02-09-2007, 04:50 PM
MC's X14 looks silly to me - like someone took an MC 197 or 209 and had wrap-around upholstery seating made for it. It's so cramped that it screams 'after-market job'. If MC had put in another foot of beam it might work (I didn't look for specs - is that their 92" beam?). I'm surprised that MC would roll that out - if anything, I would expect something like that more from a second-tier inboard company trying to make a splash w/something different.

Having said that, the starboard-wrap does at least give them another place for one person to laydown (with their head in their hands, wishing they'd bought a Tige...).

wannabewakeboarder
02-10-2007, 01:28 AM
MC's X14 looks silly to me - like someone took an MC 197 or 209 and had wrap-around upholstery seating made for it. It's so cramped that it screams 'after-market job'. If MC had put in another foot of beam it might work (I didn't look for specs - is that their 92" beam?). I'm surprised that MC would roll that out - if anything, I would expect something like that more from a second-tier inboard company trying to make a splash w/something different.

Having said that, the starboard-wrap does at least give them another place for one person to laydown (with their head in their hands, wishing they'd bought a Tige...).

hey the less user friendly the more they'll lean away from an MC and more to a t-i-g-é

lba_dillon
02-16-2007, 03:51 PM

I like the X14 layout but I would have to see it in person I guess. I am sick of seeing the SAME ole layout for DD's........they need to spruce it up a little bit! I love what Malibu did for the XTi series boats as I think it really breaks up the borin'ness of a typical DD layout........... Just my .02 cents but I would really like to see that boat in person b/c pictures typically can't do a boat justice until you get into it and see for yourself......

Laketrash
03-13-2007, 06:26 PM
I like the way my 21i sit in the water. loooooow baby, loooow!!!!

Piss me off and you have to sit in the front, then I sink the nose and scare the crap out of them. :eek: hehehehe.

lba_dillon
03-13-2007, 07:01 PM
I like the way my 21i sit in the water. loooooow baby, loooow!!!!

Piss me off and you have to sit in the front, then I sink the nose and scare the crap out of them. :eek: hehehehe.

Yeah I think the 21i does look really low in the water........but yet has such a nice high freeboard......

We've put unsuspecting people in the front before and gave them a nice freshwater washdown!!!! FUNNY as hell!!!!!!

I see you are from Hyco Lake...........do you know Melanie aka *Xgirl*????? Or Adam Fields?????

Laketrash
03-13-2007, 07:47 PM
Is Adam (not sure about his last name) the one that has the Burning Water Ski Club? If so, that group has some pretty kick'n parties!!!! "Easter at Hyco" will soon be here!!!!

Melanie???? Not sure I know of this Xgirl.

canuck
03-19-2007, 05:58 AM
I think the 22i is almost the perfect combination of space and handling.

Our 22i at Shasta.

Domsz06
03-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Nice looking boat! I wish I would have gotten a 22, sometimes, but oh well, I still like my boat and will keep on using it:) One day I may upgrade.

mctrick
03-20-2007, 10:40 PM
I have a lime green 04 21i wakeboard boat with 38 hrs for sale for $35000 thats loaded with the works if anyone is interested. mcsqueel1@yahoo.com

wannabewakeboarder
03-20-2007, 10:42 PM
I have a lime green 04 21i wakeboard boat with 38 hrs for sale for $35000 thats loaded with the works if anyone is interested. mcsqueel1@yahoo.com

any pics?

Domsz06
03-20-2007, 10:45 PM
bet it's a nice looking boat!:) I sometimes wonder what I could get for mine:) OH well, not selliing anytime soon, i enjoy it too much:)

wannabewakeboarder
03-20-2007, 10:48 PM
You were talking about upgrading tho:D

mctrick
03-21-2007, 12:36 AM
No pics at this time, havn't figured out how to load them. Its citrus lime with wake board pro,premium sound wither tower speakers sub and amps and swim platform controls,heater,trailer matches boat with alloys,335 hp and not to mention it looks like it is brand spankin new. I'm sure there is more I forgot to mention!

wannabewakeboarder
03-21-2007, 12:42 AM
To load pics you can click quote, then click manage attachments, click browse, then find the pictures if they are in my pictures or my scans or my docs. then click upload and type in your message.

Laketrash
03-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Learn something new everyday....even if its from a 14 year old!

wannabewakeboarder
03-21-2007, 10:03 PM
Learn something new everyday....even if its from a 14 year old!

Who me?...I thought no one understood it because i had seen no pics posted in this thread.:D

Laketrash
03-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Yes Wannabe...you!!!

Thanks for the info!!!!!

wannabewakeboarder
03-21-2007, 10:21 PM
No problem....post some more pics:D

Domsz06
03-21-2007, 10:48 PM
nice pic

wannabewakeboarder
03-21-2007, 11:01 PM
dom...post some pics! I need to see them.